1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Silverado CC
222 Posts
What frequency range are you wanting to be louder? Adding any extra speakers can be detriment if they're not properly implemented, conversely it could be a great add if done correctly.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What frequency range are you wanting to be louder? Adding any extra speakers can be detriment if they're not properly implemented, conversely it could be a great add if done correctly.
Vocals and instruments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm still a noob but I listen to alot of hip-hop and I already have the bass, i want to hear louder vocals and instruments.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sounds like you just have an unbalanced system. You could turn down the bass relative to your other speakers and then turn up the overall volume.

·
Registered
33 Posts
More speakers will technically give you more volume (assuming you also amplify them separately) but you'll also want to at least cross them over with your existing components or you'll have different drivers fighting to reproduce the same frequencies.

Adjusting the knobs is free.

If not adding an electronic crossover or DSP to run more speakers, I would bridge the channels of your amp and run them to your front speakers, then use stock/headunit power for the rears. There will be more volume than you know what to do with up front.

I upgraded my rear speakers but found it to be a waste as I don't sit back there, and the fade control is so far forward in my car. This is pretty common. Some people remove their rear full range speakers altogether.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More speakers will technically give you more volume (assuming you also amplify them separately) but you'll also want to at least cross them over with your existing components or you'll have different drivers fighting to reproduce the same frequencies.

Adjusting the knobs is free.

If not adding an electronic crossover or DSP to run more speakers, I would bridge the channels of your amp and run them to your front speakers, then use stock/headunit power for the rears. There will be more volume than you know what to do with up front.

I upgraded my rear speakers but found it to be a waste as I don't sit back there, and the fade control is so far forward in my car. This is pretty common. Some people remove their rear full range speakers altogether.
Damn, that sounds like alot of effort and money. I might just throw a speaker box in the back seat lol.

·
Premium Member
2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
173 Posts
Are you wanting it louder in the car while driving, or do you want it to be loud for a party? The reason I ask is because I had a 4 door sedan a long time ago that I added a secondary amp and used PA style speakers in the rear doors. So, in a party I could open the rear doors toward the party and crank the PA speakers. But, I could turn that off while driving so it didnt interfere with my front setup.

-Jay

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you wanting it louder in the car while driving, or do you want it to be loud for a party? The reason I ask is because I had a 4 door sedan a long time ago that I added a secondary amp and used PA style speakers in the rear doors. So, in a party I could open the rear doors toward the party and crank the PA speakers. But, I could turn that off while driving so it didnt interfere with my front setup.

-Jay
Both

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Damn, that sounds like alot of effort and money. I might just throw a speaker box in the back seat lol.
It's pretty much zero effort or money. Disconnect rear speakers from your amplifier (free), move the wires for your front speakers so that they are running bridged off the amplifier (free) and you will get a solid boost in volume up front. Your rear speakers already have wire running to them, you might have to run new speaker wire to the head unit unless wiring is already there (cheap or free) and that's about it.

If you did not want to go through the effort of re-wiring the rear speakers, disconnect them from the amplifier, leave them disconnected, bridge your front speakers and call it done.

·
Registered
2010 Silverado CC
222 Posts
As the others have suggested, I'd bridge the the amp to feed on the front components first and see how that goes. They go from receiving 90w to 250w and have a lot more headroom.

And work on that sub balancing by using Andy's method, low pass the sub half octave lower than the hi pass on the of the hertz 6.5 as a start and see how it it sounds.

Id get a dsp and run active before buying more speakers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts