DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ok starting from the left is the Lpg 26na. As you would expect with the Lpg neo tweeters, excellent top end dispersion and detail. Very wide open, airy sound. This alum. dome has very low coloration for a metal dome. Compared to the 25nfa silk dome, there is more impact and shimmer, and an "icier" tonal quality. Cymbals and percussion instruments are rendered with more excitement and accuracy, but vocals tend to be a bit cold and hard.

The next shiny chrome tweeter to the right is the Sinfoni mm-1. It's not plated chrome, but actually solid metal. Not much to say about this one. Sounds much like the cheaper Peerless 53ndt. Not as airy or spacious as the LPG, and not able to play as low as the Scan-Speak. Nor does it have the sheer dynamic capability of the larger Avi tweeter. All around, just average.

The one to the right of the Sinfoni is the Avi bsm tweeter. This is one very efficient tweeter with excellent dynamic capability. It gets so loud at times you can really feel that impact in the music, especially on guitar plucks or snares. I felt the top end was a little too soft though, and the lower treble around 10-12khz was a little too aggressive. Other than that it was a good performer. Low coloration, and fairly clean even at high output levels although not as clean as the Scan-Speak.

Last one to the far right is the Scan-Speak 6000-1. It is similar in build to the 6000, but with a grille and a somewhat different frequency response. The sound overall is very forward, focused, and full bodied in nature, with a very soft and laid back top end. Typical Scan-Speak sound except a bit more agressive in nature. The build quality is superb, with a rear loaded chamber and SD-1 motor, which features dual copper rings for lower distortion. It's no surprise then that this tweeter can play flat down to 750hz, and has no problems handling crossover points from 1.5-2khz.

W

·
0 Posts
Scan also built that tweeter for Alpine's SPXF17T speakers, and it's available from pacparts for 60 bucks :) Look for part number D2904/610001. Specs (and build quality) are identical to the Scan original. Can also get flush mount hardware and a nice surface mount cup too :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
nice review :) . can the alum. lpg be crossed lower than the silk ver.? I plan on getting 2 and pairing them with some dayton rs mids, but id like to cross them over pretty low like 2.5-3k

·
Registered
70 Posts
werewolf said:
Scan also built that tweeter for Alpine's SPXF17T speakers, and it's available from pacparts for 60 bucks :) Look for part number D2904/610001. Specs (and build quality) are identical to the Scan original. Can also get flush mount hardware and a nice surface mount cup too :)
Hi there, may I know the price is for a pair or one piece of the tweeter? And does it come with all the mounting included? If not, may I know what are the parts number to order the various mounting?

Appreciate your response. Thanks.

W

·
0 Posts
hey you gotta go to :

www.pacparts.com

select the consumer site, pick Alpine products by model number and pull up the parts list for Alpine SPXF17T. You'll see the tweeter listed by it's D2904 part number, plus a separate listing for the surface/angle mount hardware. Maybe some other stuff too ... but I'm too lazy right now ... lol

let us know how the search goes on pacparts

·
Registered
211 Posts
How does the D2904/610001 compare with the 6000-1 tweeter that was reviewed here? A huge difference in price.

·
Registered
55 Posts
so its listed as the same exact part and model number atleast at madisound it is,,, and yet its like $100 dollars cheaper almost to buy from alpine,,, werewolf would it be the same performance as what was reviewed you think?

W

·
0 Posts
ScanSpeak (Madisound) part numbers : D2904/6000-00, D2904/6000-01
Alpine part number : D2904/610001

Part numbers are not identical, but the published specs are identical :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
werewolf said:
hey you gotta go to :

www.pacparts.com

select the consumer site, pick Alpine products by model number and pull up the parts list for Alpine SPXF17T. You'll see the tweeter listed by it's D2904 part number, plus a separate listing for the surface/angle mount hardware. Maybe some other stuff too ... but I'm too lazy right now ... lol

let us know how the search goes on pacparts

Just want to update you guys that this is a valid link and I ordered a pair this morning. They order direct thru Alpine (none in stock) and then ship DHL. Should be here in a week and a half or so. I have 2 pair of Sea's Lotus 6.5's awaiting installation and have decided on this tweeter to provide top end. The low x-over means I can probably get away without a notch filter in the mids. Thanks for the great tip.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Well pacparts told me 7-10 days, 5 days later here they are :D , thanks again Werewolf ;) , excellent find. I ordered the wedge mounts, they are diecast and will allow a multitude of mounting options. Be warned :eek: , there is a tweeter accessory kit that you may want to order as well, includes the mounts that came with the set, and the hardware needed to mount the wedges I ordered. I was just so excited :blush: that I did not even look at that, so I ordered last night and will update accordingly.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got mine too. TOO BAD I wont be trying them soon... since I USED to live in the New Orleans Metro Area :(

Props to pacparts.com... I e-mailed them and they rerouted the order to another address since there are not any deliveries made in the New Orleans area.

As I said, the last thing on my mind is to install them right now... And if I knew I would be in a situation like this, I would have not order them :(

·
Registered
211 Posts
Wow, I am so sorry to hear about your situation evangelos. I hope that you and your family are alright. Now I feel bad asking this here...

Did anyone get their pair of Scan-Speak D2904/610001 tweeters installed? Have any comments?

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have indeed installed mine, but have been so busy at work, I haven't had time to update everyone. I have mine flushed in the factory locations and mated with some Sea Lotus mids. I have NOT deadened the doors yet, next weekends project ;) Just playing with the delays and minimal eq'ing has a stage the far exceeds my dash area, the Lotus are a little thin but that will change when I seal up the doors and deaden, the scan-speaks are being fed with an Adcom 4402 (40 X 2 Class A) and just sing like no tomorrow, 0 fatigue and I have a 9 hour and 4 hour drive under my belt with them. ;) I give them a big thumbs up :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
I don't have an eq (only the 3 band built into my in-dash screen/nav system). Will that be a problem mounting the tweeters in the A-pillars running active (I do not like harsh or bright tweeters)?

·
Registered
880 Posts
I´m in on my forth year running the 610001´s.
Before that I´ve run Morels, DynAudios, DLS, MB Quart, Focal, Waveguides... well basically everything there is.

It depends on the car and mounting location how much eq you need. The tweeter itself does not need any.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Rbsarve said:
I´m in on my forth year running the 610001´s.
Before that I´ve run Morels, DynAudios, DLS, MB Quart, Focal, Waveguides... well basically everything there is.

It depends on the car and mounting location how much eq you need. The tweeter itself does not need any.
how is there off axis performance....

those are small enough....i might have to try some in my apillars....especially liking the low crossover point....

·
Registered
880 Posts
I had mine in kicks, at about 85 degress off-axis. And yes, they lost output at 16 k and up then, but still sounds quite good. So I´d say the off-axis responce i quite good. :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
cool.....i can always eq my top end back in :)

1 - 20 of 83 Posts