DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be receiving my LPG 25nfa's from Madisound this week but I cant decide which mid to use.I did some searching on the forum & came across the CSC-X & HDS 6.5's,which got pretty good reviews here.So which would you guys pick & why?....BTW the mid will be in the stock(lower door)location & tweet just under the sailpanel(by the door release latch) about 9-10" apart(see attachment)......I appreciate any input...thnx

Attachments

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah,my man cam,I knew u would say the 'Exclusives'.Would like to see comments on the others if possible.Forgot to mention they're be running active---Alpine9813/5-ch. DEI D2205

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those might too deep,I've got 3" (w/ 3/4" spacer) the most to play with.I'll only have 40-45w per side @ 8ohms.How will these 8ohms drivers do with this kind of power?

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
I have about the same 3" as you do... but I use a few mm of modelling clay behind the driver and it fits perfectly.

If you have 90wpc at 4 ohms, you'll be fine with the Seas or Peerless. You'll find that you can still easily bottom out the driver with no highpass filter, and achieve that "ringing" in the ears sensation (depending on install+tuning).

I remember tuning one guy's car... after cutting out alot of the plastic in his grille (it was really obstructive), and turning off the equalizer, his L18RNX/P went from so-so loud to painfully loud with a 75wpc @ 4 ohm amp. Turns out the tiny holes in his door panel was choking down alot of the sound, and he had an overly aggressive cut at 1 - 3khz that just made the speakers a bit lifeless.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thnx for the input np,the Exclusives are only 78mm in depth so I'll probably go with those,thnx again :D

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Peerless cscx6.5s. Cant remember the entire number but it ends in xxx18

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've decided to go with the 'Exclusives' & ordered them today.The one thing I hate about buying equipment in the winter ,you either wait for a good day(atleast 40-50degrees) or wait til spring.Oh well let the waiting game begin.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
strong*I*bumpin said:
I've decided to go with the 'Exclusives' & ordered them today.The one thing I hate about buying equipment in the winter ,you either wait for a good day(atleast 40-50degrees) or wait til spring.Oh well let the waiting game begin.
Even then, you can still usually fit it in if you REALLY want to. Adhesives can be tough, but a lot of that stuff you can do in the house. The real problem with wintertime is when the job calls for fiberglass work...

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
MarkZ said:
Even then, you can still usually fit it in if you REALLY want to. Adhesives can be tough, but a lot of that stuff you can do in the house. The real problem with wintertime is when the job calls for fiberglass work...
Amen, Going wood till it warms up. My garage has heat/AC but the glass fumes would probably make me giddy. Oh well, gives me more time to get ideas!

Chad

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Yeah, I've decided to go ahead and do my sub enclosure while I have one of my Behringer units out for repair (bad ribbon cable or connection that still acts up after my temporary "fix"). The other Behringer unit will resume duties for the front stage which will leave me sub-less for the time being anyway, so now's the perfect time.

So today I decided that *while I'm at it* (there's always a "while I'm at it...") I may as well put a new sub in there. My JL 12w3 (the older version) has been going strong for me for FIVE years. I'm leaning towards a Shiva for a replacement, with the goal of slightly better power handling capability in a slightly smaller enclosure.

Anyway, I'm fitting it behind one of the wheel wells. That's basically where it's been the whole time anyway, but it looks like ass right now. So I want it to mesh into the wheel well. That means some precise cuts with the jigsaw. Ideally, I would have used fiberglass to help, but it's been below 20 the past few days which really puts a damper on things. I'll just have to do without.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
just add a few more drops of MEKP to get the glass to set faster in the winter. Use a portable fan or ceramic heater as well.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have room in the garage to cut & build,but no room to bring the car in itself to work on it.I'm expecting everything in by Friday,maybe my days off will be nice enough to work outdoors.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Depth is actually the same between the Exclusive and RNX series IIRC. I prefer the Seas for the bass output, and more "involving" midrange.

Post a review for all of us when you gettem in :)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
npdang said:
Depth is actually the same between the Exclusive and RNX series IIRC. I prefer the Seas for the bass output, and more "involving" midrange.

Post a review for all of us when you gettem in :)
Dont say this now,ur right subtracting the 5.2mm from the overall depth makes them about the same,oh well we'll see how the Peerless do.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
strong*I*bumpin said:
Dont say this now,ur right subtracting the 5.2mm from the overall depth makes them about the same,oh well we'll see how the Peerless do.
The Peerless are really good drivers. Better clarity than the Seas. I'm sure you'll lovem.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts