DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Definitely :)

I think better in many ways. The CA18 has considerably more bass output than the Dyns, and the lpg is both smoother, more extended, and detailed Imho than either the tn52 or the Dyn tweeter. Not to mention price!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yep, however, the downside is that it may require more tuning since you will need to go active. But the advantages are absolutely up there!

Just like npdang has mentioned excellent SQ for a dead cheap price.
I've picked up a pair of CA18RNX and LPG 25nfa and would never go back to what I had before!

David

·
Registered
415 Posts
xDeLiRiOuSx said:
Yep, however, the downside is that it may require more tuning since you will need to go active. But the advantages are absolutely up there!

David
and the fact that you can tune things to where you want them is also an upside.. :wink:

·
Registered
265 Posts
10K2HVN said:
xDeLiRiOuSx said:

David
and the fact that you can tune things to where you want them is also an upside.. :wink:
Heh, yeah I forgot that point. 10k2HVN is right. At first tuning may take sometime, but once you get it right your setup will blow most retail component sets out of the water! (I played with my DIY setup for nearly 2 months until I can get my setup to sound the way I like).

David

·
Registered
265 Posts
Great, Have fun installing them!

Don't forget to dampen your doors. It will make a world of difference.

Remember that installation is more important than the drivers itself. Take your time. Pick your location wisely. And great, your speakers will sound.

May the force be with you,
(eh, just finished watching the whole starwar trilogy, such great work especially considering how long ago the 4th episode was made)

David

·
Registered
397 Posts
i ordered the CA18RNX and im planning to match this my DLS UR1 tweeter (http://www.dls.se/english/speakers/ur1.htm). I have an acitve x-over and im wondering what x-over point should i use... i think my x-over's slope is fixed @ 12db lo-pass and hi-pass. My mids are down at the doors while my tweets are high up on the dash.

one more thing, from where i live, it is pretty humid... will the CA18RNX survive?

·
Registered
265 Posts
mojako said:
i ordered the CA18RNX ..............

one more thing, from where i live, it is pretty humid... will the CA18RNX survive?
Welp, I guess we'll find out soon enough right? :)

The paper cones may be subjected to some damage over time, but I doubt it will be a big problem. At the worse can, you can buy new ones in a year for roughtly $100 a pair, or even yet, probably by that time npdang's prototype 6.5" mids will be for sale.

David

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
The thing to remember about Dynaudio speakers is that they ONLY reproduce what the music is playing. Other drivers may be created or produced into actually enhancing the bass response, which is not what a true audiophile speaker should do. If you have a Dynaudio set hooked up to a truly clean amp, you will hear the music in a totally different light. Most people fret about the quality of the Dyns, but thats because their tastes may not be as refined, or super clean music is not what they are looking for.

With that being said, I have not heard the CA drivers in action, however the LPGs I have sitting in my office closet waiting to be installed in my wife's SUV, which is gonna replace the tweeter for her Ground Zero Hydrogen comp set.

Definately for the price point though, your combo will work nicely.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
AzGrower said:
The thing to remember about Dynaudio speakers is that they ONLY reproduce what the music is playing.
That old canard again? Despite their laughable prices, Dynaudios are actually pretty mediocre drivers by modern standards. They're also pretty old. Today, any number of considerably cheaper drivers (e.g. Peerless HDS, Dayton RS) perform better than anything Dyn's released, with lower distortion and greater output capabilities.[/i]

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I just ordered a set of CA18RNX mids and i'll be pairing them with LPG 26na's how much of a difference in sound are the silk domes over the metal domes? I know i can expect an awesome sound if i can get all of the crossover points and suck situated right.....

·
Registered
164 Posts
AzGrower said:
The thing to remember about Dynaudio speakers is that they ONLY reproduce what the music is playing
I would dare to venture that distortion measurements against the better speakers ds-21 has already mentioned would prove your statement wrong. I would hardly consider dynaudio the last word in accuracy as far as audio goes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.