DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had success using Luxury Liner Pro for their doors. I received some LLP and noticed how incredibly thick it is. It would seem that it would be difficult to stick due to its weight and thickness. Also, I am thinking my door panels would no longer even fit due to how thick it is. I am trying to do this on an 06 civic and would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I don't think you can put it between the inner skin and the panel, but you can put it on the outer skin. I was able to use something similar with a good contact cement and it stays up there.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
wouldn't it absorb moisture being on the outer skin though? iirc it is an open cell material? If im wrong please correct me

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
wouldn't it absorb moisture being on the outer skin though? iirc it is an open cell material? If im wrong please correct me
Nope, LLP is closed cell. You can use it anywhere. ;)

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe it's a closed cell foam. Another thing that makes me a little apprehensive is that the instruction manual for LLP does not include "doors" as a recommended location for install. It mentions the floor, trunk and firewall only.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
If you use it there, just make sure you use a strong contact cement. You average spray-on won't do it. You need the paint-on type and a strong one.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Nope, LLP is closed cell. You can use it anywhere. ;)
well nevermind then. please disregard my original post then. I may be putting this product in my doors now :)

thanks, I too am benefiting from this topic :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts