DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Wow! Nice price. It would be nice if they would put all the illums on sale.

·
Registered
566 Posts
^^^^ word... i need some 6's

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
SOB!

They do this now after a purchase a used set for $250 that had the wires soldered to them. The owner got a little too happy with the iron and desoldered the wire from the dome. One of them did not work when I got it but I just fixed it. I should have got him to knock $50 off for being a nice guy to deal with. I would have rather picked up a new set for $260...Oh Well Ilums are Illums....It could be much worst.

·
Registered
849 Posts
SOB!

They do this now after a purchase a used set for $250 that had the wires soldered to them. The owner got a little too happy with the iron and desoldered the wire from the dome. One of them did not work when I got it but I just fixed it. I should have got him to knock $50 off for being a nice guy to deal with. I would have rather picked up a new set for $260...Oh Well Ilums are Illums....It could be much worst.
Very nice set of tweeters IMHO. I think you will enjoy them. Don't fret over the price as I think they are well worth it regardless.

For me I seem to prefer the sound of the smaller domes over comparable 1" versions. I listened to these head to head (in a particular 3-way install: mids and tweets in kicks) against the Hiquphon OWIs and they held their own quite well IMO. I actually think the top end on the Illums was a tad bit more intricate. Having said that, look further if you need a more robust tweeter that plays ultra low..... :D

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I just saw these on sale... They are the only tweeters I would consider to replace my LPGs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.