DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Magnet distance/ spearker install

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  DaveRulz 
#1 ·
I was wondering if there is a rule of thumb on how close you can have a magnet to a wall of a box , door, kick pannel etc.. If your magnet is butted up to something will the speaker perform differently. For instance you have a ten inch woofer you can make the box deep and wide enough but heigth will only allow for say 1/2". Will this box perform? Even if the recomended volume is correct but only have 1/2" clearance for the magnet? I hope to hear some feed back on this. Thanks for your time.
Anthony

#3 ·
So if your installing say a 6 1/2 in a door or kick and your magnet has no vent you can but it right up to something like a wall or window if its down?

#6 ·
Cool, thanks everyone. I swear, I should just ponder on my own questions prior to starting a thread. Any way thanks for clearing this issue up for me.
Anthony

#7 ·
If your installing a driver with a vent either subwoofer, Mid bass or Midrange. What's the rule of thumb here? Inch, 2, 3 etc? Does it matter if it's a subwoofer compared to a midrange? Thanks
Anthony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.