DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m testing positions for my 2.5” Morel midrange driver I’m adding to my system, I was planning on doing an A piller pod but now I’m considering adding it to the upper part of my door. What are some tips and recommendations for making a ring installed in this spot? It’s very tight but it should fit, I’m just not sure how to fab it in. I’m thinking that I’ll need to use a speaker grill and attach it someway, just trying to make it look pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
make a small MDF pod with some nice shape with speaker cutout. Use filler to fill the gaps between doorpanel and pod and make it sit nicelly on the odd shaped doorpanel, wrap it in desired material and attach the pod from behind with screws...this should be an easy task

·
Registered
12 Infiniti G25 Sadan 370 amp 25k cranking amps
16 Posts
I’m testing positions for my 2.5” Morel midrange driver I’m adding to my system, I was planning on doing an A piller pod but now I’m considering adding it to the upper part of my door. What are some tips and recommendations for making a ring installed in this spot? It’s very tight but it should fit, I’m just not sure how to fab it in. I’m thinking that I’ll need to use a speaker grill and attach it someway, just trying to make it look pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Fiberglass the pod into the door and use bondo to create a shape. Sand it down and reupholster that part of the door. It isn’t just that easy, but yeah.

·
Registered
696 Posts
If you care about soundstage and its depth, it's better to get your mids at/above the dash and as far forward as possible. It's the most important driver in a setup for defining your stage presence.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
If you care about soundstage and its depth, it's better to get your mids at/above the dash and as far forward as possible. It's the most important driver in a setup for defining your stage presence.
Forward is important to minimize path length's. But I challenge your statement about dash height. This was the best sounding setup I have built to date. Stage height was perfect.

Reactions: MaddMatt

·
Registered
12 Infiniti G25 Sadan 370 amp 25k cranking amps
16 Posts
can I ask, how is that? Is that a fact or an opinion? I ask this because I thought I knew that mids are the majority of the frequencies our ears pick up naturally. Isn’t that the reason that the guys who use a decks eq make a happy face?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Forward is important to minimize path length's. But I challenge your statement about dash height. This was the best sounding setup I have built to date. Stage height was perfect.
View attachment 300181
Those look like mid-bass not mids. What frequency range were you playing on them? I had mids in my kick, on an angle pointing at opposite seat, playing 300-3000 and while it was OK it is nothing compared to the new a-pillar install I did with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts