DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Keepin' It Old School
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came across this amp and had to pick it up. From the research I've done, it appears to have been made in Italy back around 2005 by "Renegade". I've found a full color brochure of the 2005 line including this amp (but it's in German), but I'd REALLY like an owner's manual on this one. Anyone? Here are the specs I've found using Google (and google translate):

The Dragster brand from Italy is known for very good sounding amps. Excellent workmanship combined with a stylish design are just a figurehead of this high-end manufacturer, this power comes in all walks of life up to the top model DH 1804, with impressive values.

PWM MOSFET power supplies
Variable Crossovers
RedRubin aluminum heat sink
High-quality epoxy circuit boards
2 ohm stable stereo
Sealed potentiometers
Teflon-plated RCA connectors
High Speed ​​HEXFET audio outputs

4 x 180 / 300 watts RMS at 4 / 2 Ohms
2 x 600 watts RMS into 4 ohms
variable 50-500Hz HP / LP filter for Front & Rear
Distortion 0.05% Signal-to> 103 dB

Dimensions: 740 x 55 x 245 mm

The amp is 33" long and makes the Orion XTR2250 "Beast" look not so beastly :eek::

·
Keepin' It Old School
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Per the other info I've found, I've contacted Orca Orca Mobile - Home to see if they have a manual. Here is the info posted earlier on DiYMA by someone looking to have their Dragster 1804 repaired:

This amplifier was manufactured by GT Trading in Italy, the company behind the STEG brand. Since the original GT Trading company went bankrupt in 2008 (by the way, GT Trading is in business again and STEG amplifiers are also available again), the former GT engineering team formed MOSCONI. So I would recommend to contact ORCA, the US distributor of MOSCONI. It shouldn't be a big problem for them to repair the amp or to get support from the engineer, who actually designed that amp.

·
Keepin' It Old School
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I misstated the length above...740mm is approx. 29 inches, still a beast! I got an email response from ORCA and they said they would find me a manual after CES. I'll post it here so if anyone does a Google search in the future, they'll find it in this thread

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
Those are supposed to be quite good amps but not well known here in the US at all. Lot of them are blue instead of red like that one. I have a newer little 4x50 that is fan cooled, but the design is different than those. Not sure how good it is but it works quite well seems stout for a 4x50. I kept it for tight installs, besides buying it for cheap. Or I could run it bridged for MB. That one there is a real hog, nice find.

·
Keepin' It Old School
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, from what I've read, they seem to be pretty well regarded and popular outside the US. Not many sold here from what I can find. Google translate is awesome! I was able to read TONS of threads in German, Italian, etc. about the amp. Amp works and is very clean and powerful, I'll test RMS wattage output in the upcoming months. The ratings above are at 14.4v and I've found some tests by a German magazine and they appear to be accurate. They also sold a 2 channel version of the 1.2kW amp. It was rated at 360x2 @4, 600x2 @2 or 1200x1 @4 bridged.

·
Keepin' It Old School
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So far my search for a manual has not been successful. ORCA replied after CES and was unable to get any more info on the amp from their sources in Italy. They suggested I contact http://www.audiocity.it , which I have on several occasions and haven't received a response...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts