DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 47' regal with cabin area and engine room to put equipment. I have room for 4-5x9" speakers and 2-6.5in speakers and up to 3-4 subs all outside. Amps will be inside the cabin in a non-wet or corrosive environment. I have $3500-$4000 to spend on all the equipment I need. I am completely open to all suggestions. Please tell me what you would use and the equipment required. thanks!

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
There is no such thing as non corrosive environment on a boat.
I`d go with marine specific equipment. there is plenty from well known manufacturers.

·
Banned
4,394 Posts
what do you mean, outside?

are you going for a concert on the water, or background level listening while boating?

the idea that the speakers will remain outside narrows the choices considerably, I understand you want the stereo to remain functional as long as possible, this would mean getting marine-grade product and sound quality can take a hit.

if the locations for sound are going to be hit with direct sea spray, you don't have much choice but to expect to change out speakers on the regular, the amps can be hidden in areas of less direct corrosive effect but nothing will last as long in such high humidity.

4K is a good amount though, have you enlisted the various yachting journals first, and see what passes for audio on a boat?

I'd go straight to the boating experts before dangling a full moneyclip here.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would see if you can enlarge the 5x9 hole and fit the jl audio 8.8" in there. I would have to say they are the best sounding true marine speaker out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts