DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

so I'm looking for any ideas and advice that would help me out with an audio install on my boat. I have attempted this install twice and both times have gotten some feedback and interference. It is driving me insane. I have souldered connections and made sure that my RCA wires are not running parallel with any power wires. even when I have the RCAs disconnected I was still having some sort of feedback which makes me think it is a ground noise interfering but since I ran the power and ground directly from the battery, I didn't think I would be having that issue. The boat has a lot of electronics on it, it has 4 batteries. 1 battery for starting the two motors and the other 3 batteries are for running accessories. The 3 accessories batteries are deep cycle AGM batteries... if you have any thoughts or ideas any sort of advice is so appreciated like I said I'm ready to scream lol thanks guys

· Registered
301 Posts
Feedback?? Like the output is literally plugged into the input kinda feedback?

Here's a couple things I would test (in no particular order) assuming it literally isn't a feedback loop: Run your speaker gear on it's own separate battery/power supply, turn off/disconnect all accessories so that the only thing pulling power from the boats batteries/wiring is your speaker gear. Check the health of your batteries, what's their age, can you put a battery tester on them and verify their internal resistance is within design range?

· Registered
415 Posts
make sure (a) the common ground wires between/among your house and starting banks are clean and tight, and (b) that your ground wire from your starting battery to the engine block is clean and tight. Often the ground on the engine is bolted to paint and can use some love to get to bare metal on the block.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.