DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little background on the situation;

I've got a 20ft Correct Craft so I'm a bit limited on space. So far I'm running 4 JL MX770's with a marine XD 400/4 and 13TW5 off of a marine XD 600/1. iPhone for a head unit and that runs through and JL line driver to give me volume control through the phones charging port. All this is powered by a somewhat convoluted battery system that has 2 deep cycles for the stereo and third starting battery for the rest of the boat.

The winter project is to add a pair of tower speakers and a JL MHD 750/1 to run them. Everything is built to handle this so I've got that part done already, the issue I don't know about is this. To balance the boat I placed a deep cycle on each side of the motor and paralleled them together, currently the amps are on one side. I have no more room to mount a 3rd amp in that location so was going to place the new one on the other side. Is it going to cause a battery issue to hook that amp to the closest battery? I'm not worried about ground loops or anything all 3 batteries are grounded to a bus. I do have electricity at the dock for a charger, but currently I don't need it often the upgraded 100 amp alternator seems to do fine with keeping things charged.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I"ll add this in case it maters. The way it will be used is the tower and the subs will be up when we are running. The in boat speakers and the sub will be on when we are sitting. I don't see any situations where everything will be used.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts