DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
It works nice.... all except it only calculates the electrical phase and not the acoustic phase....

So it may or may not work ...
From my first quick testing with it in the car between mid and high it did work quite good a nice improvment to the ears, in the midbass and sub it did not work perfect yet.... important is to have all speaker outputs in the same phase in the program all on 0 degree or all on 180 degree.

I did not have the time yet to measure the differences...

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
From my first quick testing with it in the car between mid and high it did work quite good a nice improvment to the ears, in the midbass and sub it did not work perfect yet.... important is to have all speaker outputs in the same phase in the program all on 0 degree or all on 180 degree.

I did not have the time yet to measure the differences...

So .... I have a question... I loaded it and played with it for a few minutes

IF I load it into one of my customer card that’s already tuned with the old , will all the tuning be brought back? And are the saved files interchangeable?

·
Registered
290 Posts
So .... I have a question... I loaded it and played with it for a few minutes

IF I load it into one of my customer card that’s already tuned with the old , will all the tuning be brought back? And are the saved files interchangeable?
You can still use the old program, as this saves the calculated phase change as a normal allpass filter so you can see that in the old software, if you save the tune file on the pc with the new sofware you are not be able to load it in the old program I think...

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
You can still use the old program, as this saves the calculated phase change as a normal allpass filter so you can see that in the old software, if you save the tune file on the pc with the new sofware you are not be able to load it in the old program I think...
Okay ....

Yeah I played with it a little more today
The pha c calc works pretty good... I’m having some minor issues with the overall sound in the end.

The phase changes the response so your going back and forth wiggling it into shape , and it’s good phase response, but imaging seems goofy so far... I’m not used to this yet... I need to try it on a car I know... not a demo board.

To be continued....

·
Registered
290 Posts
Okay ....

Yeah I played with it a little more today
The pha c calc works pretty good... I’m having some minor issues with the overall sound in the end.

The phase changes the response so your going back and forth wiggling it into shape , and it’s good phase response, but imaging seems goofy so far... I’m not used to this yet... I need to try it on a car I know... not a demo board.

To be continued....
I did just use it in my current tune and added the calulated allpass between mid and tweeter and it opend up the stage and made them play together a bit better

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I did just use it in my current tune and added the calulated allpass between mid and tweeter and it opend up the stage and made them play together a bit better
But the responce surly had a change that went with the adding of the allpass

Your now theoretically reinforcing the sum that’s a 6db gain ....(see where I’m goin with that )

21 - 28 of 28 Posts