DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The nano series manual doesn't state a recommended fuse size anywhere, so I sent them a message and this was the response (within like 10 minutes too..) Sorry about the formatting. It was in a table.

Here is a list of all the suggested external fuse rating for all the Massive Audio amplifiers.
Thank you for your interest in Massive High Performance Car Audio-

Customer Model Max Current(AMP) Recommended Fuse(AMP)
N2 45A 60A
N3 105A 120A
N4 155A 200A
NX2 22A 25A
NX4 35A 40A
NX5 80A 100A
D1200 45A 60A
D2400 70A 80A
D3600 130A 150A
D800.4 35A 40A
D8000 290A 300A
D16000 580A 600A

Install Support
Massive Audio Inc.
Los Angeles CA 90040
323-262-2262 Ph
323-262-6202 Fax
Massive Audio | High performance car audio.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks, just bought a couple.

Only issue I'm having is distro block with mini-anl. I can only find those up to 150a which may be a bit low for an N4.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have a spare spot on the fuse block, you could always use two 100A fuses in parallel, and then use a distribution block in reverse to gang them back together. Lower rated fuses in parallel should also yield a lower voltage drop across the fuse block. I was considering this thing with three 30A fuses for my NX5.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for posting this up. I just finished installing my nx5 and didn't know what fuse to use. I went with a 60amp and have an 80amp as a backup. The 60A seems to be doing fine for me, but I also haven't hooked up my sub yet.

Need to build my box, hopefully next weekend.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad it's helpful. My nx5 is hanging out on a shelf until I get my box finished too. And install my HU. And new power wires... Pretty much everything. Lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you take two (or more) identical fuses and wire them in parallel, their net rating is going to be the ratings of the fuses times the quantity (3 x 30A fuses = 1 x 90A fuse), and the reasoning behind using multiple in parallel is that you could see less resistance due to the increased contact area of the terminals of the fuses.

If you're already using an ANL fuse, the gains from this are probably negligible, but if you're replacing your main fuse holder, it's an interesting option.. Not to mention Mini-ANL fuses cost about 1/5 of an ANL.

For xxlbeerz's, I was just offering a feasible option for his particular situation.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My D1200's manual says 40, yet the OP's email apparently says 60. Hmm.

ETA: My NX2 also comes with a 40-amp fuse inserted.

Massive is great. their service is great. whoever responded to the OP's inquiry, however, appears to be in need of some craniorectal removal.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for posting.. Just picked up an NX5 to drive some ID 6.5's with another pair of 6x9's. Thinking of adding an ID 10" sub to.. I am very anxious to see how this puppy holds up...

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I can confirm that the NX2 works fine with a 20A fuse.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
If you take two (or more) identical fuses and wire them in parallel, their net rating is going to be the ratings of the fuses times the quantity (3 x 30A fuses = 1 x 90A fuse), and the reasoning behind using multiple in parallel is that you could see less resistance due to the increased contact area of the terminals of the fuses.

If you're already using an ANL fuse, the gains from this are probably negligible, but if you're replacing your main fuse holder, it's an interesting option.. Not to mention Mini-ANL fuses cost about 1/5 of an ANL.

For xxlbeerz's, I was just offering a feasible option for his particular situation.
100% right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts