DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Introducing the new Volt Series Amplifiers from Massive Audio!

All three full range Class A/B, CEA 2006 Certified amplifiers, V500.2, V1000.4 and the V1000.1 boast advanced Digital Switching Power Supplies with Nickel Plated RCA Connectors, Speaker Level Inputs, Advanced Operation Protection, Switchable 18 dB HP/LP Crossovers with an adjustable range of 50Hz -750Hz, Real-time Internal Sub Harmonic Filters, Staggering Output Power and all with less than .1% THD!

All of these features are mounted in Massive Audio signature smooth Raven Black Aluminum “finless” heat sink with four cornered hex bolts that unscrew to reveal mounting tubes.

This allows the installer to either bolt down or stack the amps with that clean look. Top it off with the classy Massive Audio Trademark soft blue centered logo and you will want “To wait until your music comes to a complete stop before exiting your ride!”

Check out more details here:

Massive Audio*::*Amplifiers*::*VOLT SERIES AMPLIFIERS ***NEW 2011 ITEMS***

Attachments

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
How do these stack up against some of your other product lines sonics wise? Are these more of an SQ focused amp or just a general quality amp like the HD series?

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
REALLY???? Quoting Peak power on your website?? Doesn't seem very ethical to me.....oh, and then using that peak number in your product number to further the misrepresentation.

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello,

Being relatively new products the feedback is still pending from our dealers although the few people I have talked to say that they have a cleaner sound than the Nano Series.

I am very impressed with the SQ compared to Nano Series and D Block Series. For the value it is a great look and build and I expect them to do quite well as the entry level amplifier series of our lineup.

We are also waiting on a 3rd party review on them that will be posted ASAP.

Thank you for checking them out!

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
REALLY???? Quoting Peak power on your website?? Doesn't seem very ethical to me.....oh, and then using that peak number in your product number to further the misrepresentation.
that is how they rate all thier amplifiers. RMS is the real number for any amplifier. you can MAX rate any amplifier and make up some number that it will put out at some ridiculous distortion level. amplifiers in the $0.25-$0.40 per watt range, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
The NANO's left a very sour taste in my mouth and to my ear. Wonder if these are any different. I don't think I'll take the gamble though.

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nano series was a joke to me SQ wise....worse than the Arc XXd amps for noise
Sorry to hear you not a fan and I know that you are an avid ARC fan from other posts however for the value the Nanos actually do have good SQ when you look at power, size and everything together.

Look at this review on the D800.4 from this forum and the NANOS have the same noise rejection circuity.

One series of products will never please everyone and I would never say these are the best amplifers in the world, but for what they do boast they are a very good buy.

D800.4 Review

QUOTE FROM REVIEW -
"Noise Rejection Circuit"
This may sound pretty gimmicky, and if you had asked me about this a couple of years ago, I probably would have agreed. That is until I recently ran into an install where I used a very high quality amplifier that had garnered a lot of praise from all comers. It sounded great, but I could NOT get rid of electrical/alt noise no matter what I did. I finally gave up after checking all of the common answers like grounding points, RCA runs, etc, and simply swapped the amp out for a JL HD. This totally eliminated the noise. I changed absolutely nothing else. I was absolutely mystified and I bugged JL about the reason behind this.

Luckily, I still had access to the "problem" car, and installed the Massive Audio D 800.4 into it. I am ecstatic to report that the D 800.4 rejects noise just as well as the JL HD in this case. There is absolutely nothing worse spending hours of time chasing phantoms when the problem could have been solved with careful product selection.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
^ Way too many factors to take into account in that scenario. Plus you're looking at a single case versus the many millions of purchases of both products

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I don't know why people are having such bad sound quality from Nano Block amps. I've used an NX2 on my front stage for nearly a near and the noise floor only has gotten better as I've upgraded head units twice. I have had an NX4 in service in a customer's vehicle since February 2011 and that has sounded fantastic from day one as well. I would like to hear of some follow-up from Massive Audio about the problems you had, nismos14.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Sorry to hear you not a fan and I know that you are an avid ARC fan from other posts however for the value the Nanos actually do have good SQ when you look at power, size and everything together.
But when you look at the ARC XDi series, the nano offers no benefits. The XDi804 has very similar power (4 x 80 at 4ohm), similar size (8.125 X 6.5 X 2.25) and actually better pricing with a pricing of $279. Hmmmmmm.

Oh, and from a dealer perspective, ARC doesn't allow their product to be completely whored out on the internet (including this forum).

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
But when you look at the ARC XDi series, the nano offers no benefits. The XDi804 has very similar power (4 x 80 at 4ohm), similar size (8.125 X 6.5 X 2.25) and actually better pricing with a pricing of $279. Hmmmmmm.

Oh, and from a dealer perspective, ARC doesn't allow their product to be completely whored out on the internet (including this forum).
Cool! I am just telling people about new Massive Audio products on this Massive Audio thread. I was not trying to bash ARC or anything. I definitely would not go on ARC threads and say how awesome Massive is. :confused:

Also Massive does not sell to any online stores. Even DIYMA members know how we feel about this. Unfortunately the internet is a hard thing to control. If people want to resell your products online they will and there is only so much you can do. If we had an easy answer to remove all online sellers we would, as our dealers know we take it very seriously.

·
Banned
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stop distributing to them. End of problem.
Stop distributing to whom??? We sell to regional distributors and retail shops. There are companies that do not sell to online stores at all although you will still find them sold online. I do not know about ARC selling policies but I can find places that sell their products online.

Woofersetc.com the online car audio super store, the largest selection at the lowest prices!

We find all the time that there are dealers that decide to start an online store. We do stop selling to them once we find this out but they are quickly replaced by a new one. Not to mention local distributors that sell to dealers that do not know they have online stores. Do you stop selling products all around to prevent this? There is no simple solution trust me. I guess I get so defensive because we actually care and try our best.

Seriously, can a simple press released even be posted without all the bullying?
:(

·
Banned
2,535 Posts

Trust me Jerry, I know for a fact with the way the economy is , lots of dealers are selling but by word of mouth not so much posting threads or Ebay.

If you know where to look you can find ARC, Dynaudio, Tru Tech, Rainbow, Zapco, Morel, and many others at dealer cost or 10% above.

I don't buy from them, but i know guys that have emailed me saying they got a deal from a out of state dealer selling the item they want for just a few $$$.

the others like PPI, JL and many others can be bought for pennies above dealer cost.

Hell the new PPI Phantoms came out and I decide not to carry them when my dealer cost was $30 - $40 less than the prices on EBay and that was with FREE SHIPPING.

I even know of a HUGE Distributor that carrys so many brands yet one of the guys that works their sells on Ebay for $10 or $15 per item. He says he'll sell 100's per month so thats equals good money on top of his Salary.

·
Registered
75 Posts
to be honest id love to test out these nanos but i cant seem to get anything back form the ppl i was speakeing with in os for me right now however were building an SPL showish car and im looking at the 8000w amps and really really want to know if they are the buisness or not if they put out 8kw at 12-14v then sweet at 1ohm even better and its not a peak figure its an rms figure even even better ill take two of them as for the nanos from what i have read and their pricing they seem fair priceing to me for what they are you do get what you pay for if you want amps with almost zero noise then buy italian or german made amps or almost any of the higher end euro brands the things with amps and systems as a whole if you dont have all parts of the system as best as they can be includeing connections rcas cabling clips screws hu speakers speaker wire and all of them rtunning a safe distance from each other with enuf sheilding your gonna get sum noise to be honest im looking at these with a totally open mind as soon as the oz dist gets back to me with sum samples for me to show of to clients and the like ill give a more accurate assement of them but like a lot of things from waht i see on paper the do intriuge me

Ren
xMplar

1 - 20 of 25 Posts