DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new VOLT series amps just dont stack up... Compare the powers, prices, etc.. We brought in not really paying attention to the comparisons, then quickly stopped.... your getting more value in the Nano Blocks.. Compare what you are buying..

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Nano does look to be better from that sheet, yes. A significantly higher distortion rating, though. 1% would be -20dB from fundamental which would not be a TON but not great. I hope it's significantly lower than that the vast majority of the time.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nano does look to be better from that sheet, yes. A significantly higher distortion rating, though. 1% would be -20dB from fundamental which would not be a TON but not great. I hope it's significantly lower than that the vast majority of the time.
i agree, and from installation factors, appear to be lower.. then look at power factors... not enough dollars to justify watts..

I mean showing of course is retail, but $40 more on the mono blocks, your almost doubling your power, same said on 2 ch. and 4 ch.. very little money your getting more power.. I would like to see some increases in power and try to stay in a somewhat small footprint still.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1% THD @ rated output??? Hummmm.....

I wonder what the watts would be at .02-.05% THD.

~JH
thats one i really dont think i could answer.. i could be wrong, but i would guess you would lose 20% or so..

i know there are a few tech guru's here i wish could chime in on that one question, as i would be interested as well..

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
soo what amps are good than from Massive?

what about that big Nano amp 8k i think?
not saying the massive amps are not good, was just saying the difference between the Nano, and the new VOLT.....

·
Registered
408 Posts
Just giving you guys a heads up. I'm testing one of the new volt amps currently, and it has significantly more power than the spec sheet suggests. I contacted them about it, and they mentioned that there was a bit of a typo on some of the documentation, and that they were in fact built to be a bit more powerful. I'll get the review up as soon as I'm done.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just giving you guys a heads up. I'm testing one of the new volt amps currently, and it has significantly more power than the spec sheet suggests. I contacted them about it, and they mentioned that there was a bit of a typo on some of the documentation, and that they were in fact built to be a bit more powerful. I'll get the review up as soon as I'm done.
are you just installing one, and giving a review OR are you actually going to do a bench test with documentation?

I would like to see AAAAAA do a bench test... seems to have done a good job before...

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'll be installing one, as well as auditioning them with some pretty inefficient reference speakers. I don't have the gear to do a true bench test, and would also love to see AAAAAA do a bench test for specific #'s.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll be installing one, as well as auditioning them with some pretty inefficient reference speakers. I don't have the gear to do a true bench test, and would also love to see AAAAAA do a bench test for specific #'s.
anyone here in the US that is capable of doing a documented true bench test? If so contact me...

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
only spec I am look at that means anything is RMS power. they both are about the same. 80 x 2 or 120 x 2. you will never hear a difference. when you look at the distortion levels, I bet you could get 120Watts @ 1% out of the volt series. I would be interested to know what kinda power the nx2 puts out at .1% and keep it apples to apples.

max power means nothing. how do they rate that? straight square waves? 20%THD? they dont say how, so the number is garbage. most high end amplifiers dont even rate "max power" because it means nothing.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
lol I to would like it if AAAAAAA could do a bench test. The bench test from my post was provided by massive audio.

BTW I am not surprised that they have a typo, they have a ton of typos and contradicting information throughout their site.

But damn those CK comps sound good haha.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, go CK... lol.... hell i didnt even pay attention too much on the bench test.. hell i thought you did... I would like to find someone, as i would send a amp out to have bench tested.. matter of fact, ive got 3-4 sitting here, i would like to see some #'s on.. New old stuff, not around any longer

1 - 17 of 17 Posts