DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a BMW F22 with centre channel was wanting opinion on what DSP to go for.

Stock HK system is not great, so the Match UP7BMW seems to be plug and play.

Only problem with the Match is I am not sure if I want to go Active for 7 front speakers and 2 in the rear.

I believe there is a Helix V12 which would allow me to do that but not sure at what price.

Only other option I guess is the Alpine PDP-E800DSP but that seems to lack the centre channel ability of Match/Helix.

Not sure if there are any others I may have missed?

·
Registered
17,665 Posts
If it's the harmon kardon system, the up7bmw is not plug and play. I think that is only the case on the 1 series?. You need an SDMI25 and maybe go to the regular up7. You will have to wire it yourself though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 series (F22) doesn’t use MOST for the HK so essentially it is Hifi but with HK speakers.

Don’t know if I am getting hung up on Active vs Passive as if running front 4 inch and Tweeter Passive with crossover then 7 channels is enough. Guess more control and tuning possible with Active but at what cost.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
If it's the harmon kardon system, the up7bmw is not plug and play. I think that is only the case on the 1 series?. You need an SDMI25 and maybe go to the regular up7. You will have to wire it yourself though.

I've contacted the fol
ks at bimmer-tec about the Match amp. My F22 has the HK system. It is plug and play for the HK system. It also comes tuned for your car.

·
Registered
17,665 Posts
I've contacted the fol
ks at bimmer-tec about the Match amp. My F22 has the HK system. It is plug and play for the HK system. It also comes tuned for your car.
99.9% sure that this is not true. It also doesn't come pre tuned, but you can download tunes from their website, but I dont find them to be great for hobbyists looking for a 1 seat tune.

That said, go on their website and plug in your car. Itll show you what you need.

·
Registered
23 Posts
99.9% sure that this is not true. It also doesn't come pre tuned, but you can download tunes from their website, but I dont find them to be great for hobbyists looking for a 1 seat tune

I corresponded with the owner via email. He stated that the MATCH amp is p&p for the HK system.

·
Registered
17,665 Posts
I corresponded with the owner via email. He stated that the MATCH amp is p&p for the HK system.
Looks like the f22 is the predecessor of the 1 series. If so, then yes the up7 is for the harmon kardon. Almost every other bmw with harmon kardon needs the sdmi25

1 - 7 of 7 Posts