DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i was going to go with the seas setup with the RT25A metal tweet and the 110mm Reference Mid-Range but thats a little on the pricy side for me so i was thinking how bout a Max Fidelity setup consisting of a MFDT3NEO tweet and MF-130-75L/4 mid-bass. how would that sound? and would it come close to the sound of the seas setup?

the tweets will be getting 100 rms for each, same with the mids, the tweets will be highpassed from probly 2k-3.5k were ever sounds best to me, the mids will be bandpassed at probly 60/2k-3.5k. both tweet and mid will be in kickpanals

·
Registered
103 Posts
the older mids are supposed to be great. They are very similar to Dyn audio. I talked to a rep a while ago of an online speaker reseller, and he said that MaxFi is changing their mids (or already has) and they are a little different. I'm not too sure if that many people have even heard them.

I HAVE messed with the Neo30 tweets a LOT though and I can say that you will be happy with them. They are very dynamic and can take a lot of power (although they wont need it) but you will probably have to attenuate them a little cause they are LOUD. Those crossover points are fine too, I had mine at 3.2khz -12db, and my mids (Rainbow Contour 5.25") crossed at 2.5khz -12db. I ended up leaving them at 4khz and my mids at 3.2khz (I'm all about getting the most out of my mids) and they still blended very well. They were always really bright around 3.2khz to me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok im pretty shur im going to get the tweets. but id like to know if those mids are any good. has any body messed with the ones id like to get?

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
The mid's have better top end response and extension, but they also sound a bit less detailed than dynaudio. Bass is decent, but don't expect alot of output.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts