DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Titan XD Midnight 18 Sentra Midnight
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Titan XD and my current system in my truck is 4- 6.5" Pioneer Z in the doors and Kappa 3.5 in the dash pushed by a JL M600/6. For subs I have 2 JL 13TW5v2-2 pushed by a JL HD1200/1. I am thinking about adding a either 1 or 2 RF 19" T3 at 1 ohm. That will require a RF T2500-1bdCP per sub. I have the Subs and Amp for sale but if I don't would it be stupid to just add the 19 and use the 13s for higher bass? They are in a sealed box so they don't really get as low as I want. I've never mixed and don't really know the outcome. Help! Thanks

·
Premium Member
2007 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
246 Posts
It depends on what frequency range you intend to run them at. I personally love running dual freq subwoofers. But, I normally run one from 60-90hz and place it up front. And then run the rear from 60hz down.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Even running the subs with separate frequencys ranges it’s very hard to get them in phase and playing together, You could guess at time alignment and phase settings and it may work, but I’d put money on it you could do better and get them exactly in phase with smaart or similar software... it’s really a game changer for getting drivers in phase

·
Premium Member
6,448 Posts
Even running the subs with separate frequencys ranges it’s very hard to get them in phase and playing together, You could guess at time alignment and phase settings and it may work, but I’d put money on it you could do better and get them exactly in phase with smaart or similar software... it’s really a game changer for getting drivers in phase
Or a DSP that allows for phase, and group delay, to be adjusted/corrected?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts