DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More specifically the PSD210 and RCS210 models.

The car in question is a 1934 Ford sedan. The components would be mounted in the kicks. The only other decided equipment at this stage is a Clarion HX-D20L headunit and Phase Linear Aliante 12", everything else is still in the air.
Music will mainly be easy listening/jazz/classical with the occasional hard/progressive rock getting pumped.

Does anyone have any experience with the MB Quart components in question?
Any feedback is much appreciated!

Cheers,
Nath

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have not owned or heard any of the new MB Quart speakers you are asking about but the conventional wisdom is they are crap compared to the stuff they made before they were taken over. All of their good designs and people went on to form German Maestro which now makes the good MB Quart speakers. I would recommend looking for some used MB Quart QSD or QSC models as these can be found for less than $250 and not to long ago I bought a pair for $125. These were the last really good speaker MB Quart made and for that price range cannot be beat!

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
If those are the older Premium line components then yes, they're FANTASTIC sets. Just make sure you mount the tweeter high and off-axis. If I could find the QSC-210 or QSD-210 I'd buy them in a second. If you're going active, then the Premium sets are basically the same but without the Q-Line crossover.

·
Registered
14 Posts
psd210 is the premium line from around 2000-2001. these were one step down from the Q series. very nice speakers. tweeters are very similar to q series tweeters. i would skip on the rsc210's though. rsc is their reference line and has cheaper crossovers and drivers.
ive been looking for a set of qsc210 or qsd210 myself for a few months now.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I'm still happy with the current Q series. I know Maxxsonics isn't considered high end but I still like their quart stuff. I know the older quart stuff is still highly regarded too but the Masonic stuff isn't bad either.

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I personally really loved the QSD-216 set as well as the Q-series prior to that (218.61 Q)... They rocked as well. As stated above.. "High and off axis" on the tweeters and you'll be smiling. They never did have ample midbass but the midrange was so good that it sometimes made up for that.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
The current Q series crossovers look interesting. Attenuation control for woofer and tweeter, and bi-amp capable. That's pretty advanced for a $300 speaker set. I was thinking of buying it recently, but skipped it for the luck of reviews.. However, pasmag is giving them a good review

http://www.pasmag.com/car-audio/test-reports/1752-jchiarelli?tmpl=component
(I don't read too much into their reviews, because they're satisfied with every piece with review, etc. never highlight the negatives, at least vs competition)

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I think that you will be happy. Report back and let us know what you think.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had 10 speakers in a 2012 Chevy Cruze. 2 JL Audio 10" subs and 8 MB Courts speakers in my cabin. I had 4 6 1/2" speakers for my doors, a pair of 6 x 9;s, and tweeters.The speakers sounded incredible. ZERO distortion even when you turned it up. Crystal clear sound. Easily the best sounding speakers I have ever had.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts