DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I THINK I have a channel that is getting flakey on my MBQ QAA 4250. I'm not 100% sure it is the amp, but so far.....

One channel usually is dead when I start up my car. Jack the volume a bit it comes on, but then it will come in and out every so often until things get warmed up if you will.

Anyways..... anyone know a good place I could send this out to get looked over and repaired. I was afraid this time would come as I heard getting these repaired are kind of a PITA. I really enjoy this amp and I don't want to get new / different amps.

Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Jon, have you thought about at least popping a cover off to inspect things on the inside? Might be as stupid as loose RCA jack or something along those lines. Saved myself a coupla hundred once...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info and thoughts.

I hope to track it down this week, it's going to be a pain :) I'm going to have to configure it everynight so when I leave for work I can say up still there, nope that did something.

I did plan on cracking it open if it does come to it. I've had it open before, a bit of a pain almost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts