DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway...

I purchased the titled amp from ikesound.com about a week ago. It arrived today without any problems via UPS. For those of you that may be undecided about this amp and its source I decided to post this little thread.

The amp was very well packaged as you can see from the pics. (It did come in a larger cardboard box with peanuts.) It feels like a tank and weighs about the same too. ;) The shiny glare in some pics is from the plastic wrap. The surface is a dark grey, texured coating. The two endcaps are attached with 4 torx screws each and reveal the dual fans and all hookup points. The gains are set from underneath the top face plate. My camera phone took a blurry pic of this so I didn't link it up. My modest bathroom scale weighed this heavyweight champ in at 22.5 lbs. :eek: So I guess mounting this thing vertically is out of the question. :(

I just hope that my stock 130A alternator can handle this beast along with a Xetec 4 X 100W amp. We shall see...

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
whats the output on that amp? I like the dual fans in the rear!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Can you take some pics of the internals? Specificall it says it has 16 output transistors, 4 for each channel, Trying to see those, as well as the 16? power supply transistors... more pics of internals the better? Also if you can read the chip numbers, would be interesting to see. Thanks! Looks HOT!

Some scales are not accurate until you get over like 40 pounds or something, like it's accurate to 5% or so once you get to the 60-400 range, but at small scales it could be off... can you confirm that it's 22 pounds with you and the amp, and then just you? Just check if possible, no pics necessary of course. it could weight a bunch more or less, because of the ways inexpensive bathroom scales work.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ocelaris said:
Can you take some pics of the internals? Specificall it says it has 16 output transistors, 4 for each channel, Trying to see those, as well as the 16? power supply transistors... more pics of internals the better? Also if you can read the chip numbers, would be interesting to see. Thanks! Looks HOT!
An internals pic is HERE.

Ocelaris said:
Some scales are not accurate until you get over like 40 pounds or something, like it's accurate to 5% or so once you get to the 60-400 range, but at small scales it could be off... can you confirm that it's 22 pounds with you and the amp, and then just you? Just check if possible, no pics necessary of course. it could weight a bunch more or less, because of the ways inexpensive bathroom scales work.

I cannot believe I just did this... :rolleyes: Using your method it weighs 23 lbs.

Xencloud said:
What's the output of this amp bridged on 8 ohm loads? 2x ???? @ 8ohm

I've heard conflicting specs......
The manual says that at 4 or 8 Ohms bridged (rear channels only) it does 500W.

·
Registered
250 Posts
reweight it again. it aint fair that you ate some food after the initial weighting! :D

Looks awesome. i'm jealous. the internal looks so pretty!

·
Registered
530 Posts
whats your poundage on that thing finley!! :D if too much, just remember those scales are rarely accurate !, im counting 8 to-247 output transistors in the pic. 2-per channel like the xetec,s ? 2- tip 35-36 per channel - hooraay fans!

·
Registered
250 Posts
man. the main point of the amp is all that power, yet people are bickering over 1lbs differences!

Shall we count heatsink fins now? :D

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dodgerblue said:
whats your poundage on that thing finley!! :D if too much, just remember those scales are rarely accurate !
Actually, I just came home from the doctor's office in which they weighed me. Our modest bathroom scale was just 0.5 lbs off from their super-duper-delux-hyper-accurate scale. Not too shabby!

dodgerblue said:
im counting 8 to-247 output transistors in the pic. 2-per channel like the xetec,s ? 2- tip 35-36 per channel - hooraay fans!
Can you please translate the above for those us us less knowledgable?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I only see 8 output transistors the review said 16, and the pictures I've seen so far have only shown 8... and 8 power transistors...

They are stages of the amplifier. The more, the more powerful usually. The amp claims to have 16, but I and others have only counted 8 large output transistors. the smaller ones are sized to-220 and are for the power supply.

I'm sure it's a great amp, but we're interested in parts, and the review that seemed to be excellent has left a little lacking, with quoting part #s that I could not find any reference to, as well as doubling the listing of the output transistors and power transistors.

I am expecting they are hidden somewhere, and the pics that have been posted are lacking details, i.e. the review doesn't jive with pics posted...

You guys really need to chill out, the weight was a valid point. I was expecting it to be >5 lbs difference. And how many of you knew that bathroom scales were not accurate when weighing smaller weights. If you knew that, throw the first stone. otherwise, do some research and add something to the conversation. Or feel free to NOT post. i.e. (add something or STFU)

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
the PCB is double sided, so maybe the remaining 8 you are looking for are on the underside

and what review are yout alking about the one from CAE?

Ocelaris said:
You guys really need to chill out, the weight was a valid point. I was expecting it to be >5 lbs difference. And how many of you knew that bathroom scales were not accurate when weighing smaller weights. If you knew that, throw the first stone. otherwise, do some research and add something to the conversation. Or feel free to NOT post. i.e. (add something or STFU)
and wo man is all that really neccesary??--im pretty sure folks were just joking man, as its rather odd to ask for exact wieghts for an amplfier? neverknwo the weight to determin output capabilities, :D :D

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
so ... is the verdict are these are 100% worth the money for them??? should i snag them while i can or they still have some issues as i see a lot of people mentioning??? i am very very very interested in these massive suckers....

·
Registered
530 Posts
ocel and finley,, i was only po-king fun at the weight issue ,i would never call finley -overweight - or say that ocel does not have immense knowledge of how bathroom scales produce their results, just kidding, if you would like you can poke fun at me -i will laugh with you! :D btw im 5-10 -190 and dont know a thing about scales

1 - 20 of 54 Posts