DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I need help to connect a mcintosh mx5000 to a bit one and i dont know how to change the coaxial digital in/out to out when i playin a cd.

thank for you help

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Digital out from the mx5000 requires a 75$ hard to find cable. It's a proprietary clarion optical cable.

There is no way to go digital from the mx5000 to a bit one. However you would get an outstanding result if you used RCA transport with some straight wire encore ii rcas.

You wouldn't want to go digital into the bit one anyways because you are bypassing the DAC of the mx5000 which is the main reason it sounds good to begin with.

If you want to go digital into the bit one, get a dva-9861 and use toslink transport. I'm not sure if the bit one has a controller or not, you'll need an external volume control to be able to adjust volume via optical.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Also the digital port will always be out unless you go inside the deck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi thank for you answer but the mx5000 have digital coaxial in/out, the bit one has a optical and coaxial connection. the mx5000 can connect to a mda5000 via coaxial cable that what i want to do but using the bit one.

I use a denon dct-1 via optical cable but now i want to make some probe with the mx5000.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Ahh your correct the mx4000 has the funky cable. The mx5000 should only have coax output. Not sure if it can be switched to input...

Honestly with those units RCA connection usually gives you a better sound. It depends on the dac in the bit one.

Are you looking to compare dct-1 to the Mac? Via digital they should be very similar.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Hi

I need help to connect a mcintosh mx5000 to a bit one and i dont know how to change the coaxial digital in/out to out when i playin a cd.

thank for you help
The larger knob on the right side switches the input. The larger one than the track left and right.

Hope that helps.. :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
thank but when i do that

in the momento when im playin a disk,
Digital output will only be on when you use a cd. Am/fm won't work via digital, because that is an analog medium.

Not sure if that was your question, part of the message was cut off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The problems is when im play a CD i dont have digital signal in the digital in/out RCA mi question is that i need to do something to hace a signal.

·
Classic cars & McIntosh
846 Posts
You have to manually switch the digital in/out for use at the coax pigtail.

Steps:

** Turn the MX5000 "Listen" adjuster to CD mode

** Press BND/TOP button and then press station preset button #1 until the display reads "DIG Out" or "DIG In"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts