DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pointed to a post on FB that went through the process of using a feedback llop to measure phase issues with REW. I cannot find the tab for the following step:

2b. after measurement in "SPL&Phase" tab click "Estimate IR delay".

Any help?

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I think I ran the first phse check. I used a sine sweep 1500 to 20 Khz for the tweets. The "length" is set at 512K, no idea if that is right. I measured Rtweet and got an estimate IR delay of -1.7976 ms and then the Ltweet at -.0406 ms. Here is the plot? What do I do with this? This plot is a jumbled mess. What am I doing wrong?
Colorfulness Purple Rectangle Violet Line

· Registered
620 Posts
Nothing. Phase at high frequencies is hard to read. That’s why i use the impulse responses for aligning left and right tweeter. You can do that in the overlay window of REW.

· Registered
4,515 Posts
Nothing. Phase at high frequencies is hard to read. That’s why i use the impulse responses for aligning left and right tweeter. You can do that in the overlay window of REW.
Erm… you need to change that up to make the phase readable… in smaart you add delay to the measurement signal to achieve this, I can’t recall how rew does it to correct the view

now I’ve double checked… it’s estimate ir delay (impulse response delay) this explains it well

· Registered
620 Posts
Erm… you need to change that up to make the phase readable… in smaart you add delay to the measurement signal to achieve this, I can’t recall how rew does it to correct the view

now I’ve double checked… it’s estimate ir delay (impulse response delay) this explains it well

I know, and if you read what I wrote this „Estimate IR delay“ is exactly what I recommend. Still the phase graph in REW is hard to read compared to Smaart.

· Registered
100 Posts

If I remember correctly you need loopback for this application.
Correct me if I am wrong, but great video love him.

Reactions: robabeatle

· Registered
4,515 Posts
I know, and if you read what I wrote this „Estimate IR delay“ is exactly what I recommend. Still the phase graph in REW is hard to read compared to Smaart.
The phase graph in rew can be made to look exactly like smaart, and no you never mentioned estimate ir delay, you said you used impulse response to time tweeters…. It’s written above and you definitely never mentioned the ‘estimate ir delay’ button in any way… perhaps you meant to write it but didn’t

use estimate ir delay on a midrange as that is where the phase will be flattest and so will give the best comparison of data 👍🏼

1 - 20 of 72 Posts