DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you can see where people are from if they post their info in the location in their settings, but as far as i know u dont see it unless they post or u go to every member on here's profile.

it would be nice to have a section where it was broken down to like states. then i could post a thread asking for help in my town. some other forums i visit people post in the state saying like hi from X town. then i could see wow i got 3 guys in my town let me pm them see if anyone can help

or should i just make a thread asking for help in my area? where should i post it, off topic, general car audio?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
go in google and copy the string below in the search box

montreal site:http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/members/

you can replace montreal by any keyword you want to search for
ah gotcha

that works as far as bringing members up, but still rather difficult. now ill have to pm every member vs having a tennessee sub forum where i can make a thread saying where im at, looking for help with x, anyone wanna help

·
Registered
260 Posts
ah gotcha

that works as far as bringing members up, but still rather difficult. now ill have to pm every member vs having a tennessee sub forum where i can make a thread saying where im at, looking for help with x, anyone wanna help
i agree, it would be nice to have a search feature in the forum to at least find other members in your general area. just because he and i are in tn, we are over 3 hrs away. maybe being able to at least search for members in a 100 or 50 mile radius would be helpful? just an idea. in some areas i could see it being helpful for getting meets set up.

·
5,216 Posts
I have also thought about this before, but I am not sure all members want to be identified by location.

But, I have seen similar websites which use a pin in a map to identify members and then you select a radius to search. But I doubt this will happen on diyma.

·
Registered
260 Posts
i was thinking about it a little more in detail...i do not see anyone on here wanting to give home locations, especially in a rual area if for no other reason then to not be a target for theft, but having a radius search for members, ie.. 75 miles and up with nothing more then to say these members are within 75-100 miles from you and gives the user and option to pm these said members (one at a time to prevent spam) for help or questions... if the person looking for help is smart and not in too big of a hurry, they can search the local users posts to see if they would be the helpful friendly type or not and go from there. just my $.02

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just know it sucks because i dont know how to time align. i read the 2 guides on here about it and i did them but i have no idea if im right. it would be nice to have someone who knows what their doing listen, fix, explain, etc.

·
5,216 Posts
The user manual didn't help? Make a thread and I will reply with info I learned from using the 9887. I'm sure others will too.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i downloaded the pdf and it doesnt say crap about it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts