DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone heard or had any experience with the new Memphis M Class...the all black ones? I could not find a previous thread on here where anyone has really discussed them. I never had any experience with the M Class and was wondering what your thoughts were on Memphis as a company, the build quality of the M Class and of course the SQ.

Oh and I forgot to mention that at the moment I am talking about the M Class subwoofers. I will be getting new amps and speakers later but for now I am mainly concerned about the subs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have had a fair bit of experience with the memphis brand both using it and messing with it im involved with MOSCONI and some other Big name euros so its hard for me to use any amps other than them but sumtimes i have to for whatever reason as far as memphis as a company i can only speak to the australian distributor and hes great alwsays willing to help if he can and if there is an issue and its a memphis issue not a stupid mistake issue always willing to fixx it

now as to the brand itself personally i wouldnt use the cheaper stuff like the street reference gear but the higher levels like the reference and the m class and the mojo and PR aswell i have used all of them at sum point or another speakers and amps and subs and as long as you remeber the golden rule you get what you pay for then youl know exactly what your info

all of have done exactly what they said they would the M class for SQ speakers sound pretty good but if you compre them to say a focal or a italian jobby etc then its apples an oranges but for the dolers they are very good same goes for the amps

Me personally i like to use single branded or like branded cars so italian made amps means i use italian made speakers etc etc
So i have a full on sq car and an SPL car and an SQL car thats kinda like a daily dirver

It has memphis M class in it amps i and a set of speaker drivers i also have sum memphis stuff in my SPL a particular driver as part of the 3way frontstage aswell as accesories and a few other bits

in my SQ car basically all of it is custom built for less noise or better insulation blah blah blah so no name rcas as they are custom ohh wait i have MEMPHIS cable for power and grounds as the mosconi amps take 0g cables i used 4g but i hav 0g for my main power to secondary power and i think some of the accesories aswell as memphis otherwise the SQ car is all italian and australia/new zealand (the bits that we or my mates have built )

so if your looking into buying some memphis id say if your gonna do it the M class is the way to go champ

Ren
xMplar

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had a fair bit of experience with the memphis brand both using it and messing with it im involved with MOSCONI and some other Big name euros so its hard for me to use any amps other than them but sumtimes i have to for whatever reason as far as memphis as a company i can only speak to the australian distributor and hes great alwsays willing to help if he can and if there is an issue and its a memphis issue not a stupid mistake issue always willing to fixx it

now as to the brand itself personally i wouldnt use the cheaper stuff like the street reference gear but the higher levels like the reference and the m class and the mojo and PR aswell i have used all of them at sum point or another speakers and amps and subs and as long as you remeber the golden rule you get what you pay for then youl know exactly what your info

all of have done exactly what they said they would the M class for SQ speakers sound pretty good but if you compre them to say a focal or a italian jobby etc then its apples an oranges but for the dolers they are very good same goes for the amps

Me personally i like to use single branded or like branded cars so italian made amps means i use italian made speakers etc etc
So i have a full on sq car and an SPL car and an SQL car thats kinda like a daily dirver

It has memphis M class in it amps i and a set of speaker drivers i also have sum memphis stuff in my SPL a particular driver as part of the 3way frontstage aswell as accesories and a few other bits

in my SQ car basically all of it is custom built for less noise or better insulation blah blah blah so no name rcas as they are custom ohh wait i have MEMPHIS cable for power and grounds as the mosconi amps take 0g cables i used 4g but i hav 0g for my main power to secondary power and i think some of the accesories aswell as memphis otherwise the SQ car is all italian and australia/new zealand (the bits that we or my mates have built )

so if your looking into buying some memphis id say if your gonna do it the M class is the way to go champ

Ren
xMplar

Good post sir. Thank you very much for the information. I will definitely look into this.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
will also depend on how much power you want to send em. memphis is pretty reserved with thier ratings, but if it says 250W RMS, dont think you can get away with 500.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts