DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm trying to make a intelligent decision on the placement of my 7" Dayton Mid/Midbasses. Originally, I had planned to have them in the stock door locations, (heavily deadened and sealed, of course.) However, after reading many posts by Scott Buwalda on the Car Sound and Performance Forums, I'm starting to second guess this and think maybe kicks would be better.

I'll be running the Dayton RS28 tweets as well, so I didn't know if the mids being crossed over so low on the high-pass, (I'm thinking 1500 or so as an starting point,) would make this less-crucial than if I was running a more traditional mid up to 3-4k or so and then the tweet taking over from there.

Thanks in advance for any feedback or input.

-Ben

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
What ever sounds best. The lower the frequency, the less directional it becomes, so concentrate on getting the mid-high frequencies imaging done correct.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Mids and tweeters together in the kicks is generally best, if you have the room and can postion them correctly. If you go with doors mids then generally best to have the tweeters in the A pillars.

Notice I said generally, alot depends on the vehicle, driver size, living with less foot room, etc, etc.

Rick

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Rick, have you considered using digital room correction (removing reflections)? I have an affordable solution for you... you can actually get rid of those dash mats and whatever else you have :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.