DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am finally nearing the end of my build, I think, and have a question with regards to driver direction in A pillars. My tweeters are in the sails and pointed to the opposite head rest. Should the mid range also follow the same path? There is so much on here about windshield reflections etc. If they point towards each other from the A pillars would that mean more EQ to blend with the tweeters given the different paths of sound?

· Registered
3,071 Posts
best way is to perform quick test on aiming and angling. keep the one which give you best results (stage width, depth, distance to stage, center, center width, focuses - use some competition disk from EMMA or IASCA,....)

· Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both. Experiment it is. I guess I could measure the response on the RTA as well

· Registered
3,071 Posts
measuring response at that testing stage is not relevant, point is that you get to some nice starting point for fabrication and good feeling that end product will perform up to expectation. With not completely separated front/rear wave measurements would be off

· Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of the replies. All good stuff. Trying to get two channels in my amp squared away, acting funky when setting the gain, and I will start testing. Should be fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.