1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Damn man, I like how you think...:)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Interested to hear what you think of the 4 JLs. Those things are beasts as it is. What did you feel was lacking with just two? Have you considered a 10" pro audio midbass in a sealed sub-enclosure inside the door?

Nice work by the way!

-T

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm using DLS Ultimate twin mono amplifiers, and the reason for 2 pairs of midbass is to shut down or maybe eliminate the sub in the trunk. These zr 8 can play low and can be use for subwoofer and midlow at the same time.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The first thing to consider is the strength of the door, not only dynamat or roadkill stuff; look at the pics and see the aluminium plates: that's the key for a super strong door panel. What drivers do you have?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yup and holy mother of midbass!! those things flex the door Like crazy. I'd swear there were 12's in the doors.. Need more deadening !!!

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Duel inverted 8's :eek::D wow
Very unique man, nice job. Listening impressions?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
The first thing to consider is the strength of the door, not only dynamat or roadkill stuff; look at the pics and see the aluminium plates: that's the key for a super strong door panel. What drivers do you have?
X2...exactly, the doors will take a beating if they are not strengthened properly....there is nothing worse than a door that sounds like it's falling apart

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
very smooth, like gelatin, both worlds, punch and low.
Nice! Curious why you chose inverted? Was it mainly clearance issues, or was it more aesthetics? I guess either way, you win. Lol because it looks great, nice execution.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts