DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a little feed up with my doors resonating crazily at times with the scan rev's (see sig)

I've had to increase the LPF on them to eliminate most of the resonating at higher volumes.

I was wondering about my options here.

to build a smaller sealed enclosure for the 7" revelators? or would the enclosure volume be too small? (if I was to do this, it would be only the lower half of the door)

or use 5" revelators in a sealed enclosure? (have these as my home speakers and i cannot believe how low the can play!)

theres not enough space for speakers under the seats, kick panels are out (right hand drive) I could use the parcel tray in the rear for some sealed midbass, however im not sure how that will work with my current amps/processing

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Yeah I would investigate a larger/thicker baffle to mount them on in the door, more deadening, bracing, etc. I've put plain 3/4 ply inside the door to mount if you can get some span to it, it makes a huge difference as will other materials commonly used for that. I've even fabbed metal or aluminum beams. While the focus here is typically on deadening, sometimes you need to increase the strength of flabby door structures to get some results. I like ply because a little moisture does not bother it, its easy to screw into, and it both strengthens and deadens. But if you have a resonance you may have to play with it some. You might even have to put a weight (or clay or deadening) on it to get the resonance under what the driver plays at. Strength calms it down but may not get rid of it, but I don't like flappy doors anyway some cars are terrible you can bend the entire door by hand and chopping into it can make them worse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts