DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im gonna have two 6.5 speakers in my doors (6.5 in the kicks isnt an option).. one being a midrange.. other being a dedicated midbass..

now i know this is a pretty basic question, i was gonna do the generic thing and place the midbass directly behind the midrange.. but i was curious

would it be bad placing the midbass, or maybe even have some benefits of placing the midbass towards the back of the front door.. kinda even with my ears.. or would this be so easily detectable and throw everything off?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Do a search for "rear mounted midbass" there's lots of great information on localizing midbass frequencies.:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm a bit confused with your original mounting idea, the mid bass behind the midrange...
i mean like alot of thenstalls you see with two speakers in the door... one speaker mounted in the stock factory location (this one being towards the bottom front of the door) and fit the other speaker right "next" to it.. gues that would be a better descrption instead of "behind"

the reason im asking is because if i wanna put the midbass speaker right next to the other speaker, i'd have to really cut into the metal, which doesnt bother me, but while i had my door off, i was thinknig about just using the giant hole that like every door has (towards teh back of the front door)

·
Registered
675 Posts
any help with how to build it? lots o' pics there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
any help with how to build it? lots o' pics there.
well like is its not so much how to build it, and i dont know if someone misread what i wrote, or im mis reading waht they wrote, but im not looknig to add the midbass to my "rear" doors. i tried that in the stock rear doro holes but it did pull the stage back..

so i was eitehr gonna do sorta like the first pics posted in that post.. or my other options

you know the giant hole almost every door has, so you can work on it incase anything goes wrong... (also the main one that needs to be sealed generally) i was thinknig of using that.. i wouldnt have to cut up the metal in my door, and since my midbass are so off axis up front, i could see some advantages, it might widen my stage, add some midbass where its lacking, and help the directioniality (is that a word?) because i noticed the more you move forward speakers.. the passenger side still generally soudns like its coming from the side of you, while the driver side sounds like its comnig in front of you..

but then again i can see where it might get localized, sound seperated from the midrange.. which is also why i plan on overlappnig crossover points and tune from there. probaly cross the midrange at around 120 and the midbass at 220 ish

1 - 8 of 8 Posts