DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a pair of dls ref m6 Reference RM6.2 - 2-way component 6,5 inches installed in fully deadened doors.
They sound great with the dooor cards off.But my problem is its a very one sided stage with no center image at all really with them on.
Right now i have a circle cut out of the door card and alot of the sound still seems to traped by it.
I installed an alpine 9835 for about two days played with the t/a on the deck and the imaging improved greatly but i didnt like the overall sound of the deck for numerous reasons.
I would like to install the mids in a pair of kicks to try and improve the staging but not at the cost of any midbass.
I know that the qts of the woofer has alot to do with how they perform in certain enclosures but im not sure how to determine whats what with the numbers.
If someone could explain or provide any links so i may read and try to understand the concept it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, with a little searching on my part i've come to fing that the larger the qts number the larger the box will have to be.
so the mid in question with a qts of .51 will most likely not work well in the kicks i wanted to do or maybe they will if i vent them into the sub frame?

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Try sealing the front of the driver to the door card, any sound escaping into the card will cause you issues, use CCF, clay or anything else that will isolate the soundwave so it only comes through the grill.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Ok, with a little searching on my part i've come to fing that the larger the qts number the larger the box will have to be.
so the mid in question with a qts of .51 will most likely not work well in the kicks i wanted to do or maybe they will if i vent them into the sub frame?
if you are looking to stick a midbass into a sealed kick panel, look for a .qts that is around 0.3

if you vent it into the fender or the door, then your 0.51 midbass should work fine.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you are looking to stick a midbass into a sealed kick panel, look for a .qts that is around 0.3

if you vent it into the fender or the door, then your 0.51 midbass should work fine.
Ya thats what i thought after some extensive research into the world of electrical values that make or cause a driver to behave the way it will in certain situations.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts