DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I told you ... the null in frequency and it s still like the door card.And i see alot of sq builds with speakers on doors.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I've never seen an install on a door card myself. More likely what they're doing is creating a thick baffle that bolts to the inner door frame and brings the speaker closer to the door card. Another option is to seal the distance between the speaker and the door card with a foam ring. The idea is you want to seal the inner door frame so the back wave of the speaker never gets to the door card and into your vehicle. Right now your back wave lives in your door card.

Pic using weather stripping to seal door card to speaker.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
I told you ... the null in frequency and it s still like the door card.And i see alot of sq builds with speakers on doors.
I don't see any SQ builds with midbass drivers attached to the door panel. Moving the speaker back a couple of inches is not going to change the response a lot. Did you measure this "null" with an RTA? Is this "null" audible at the listening position?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Yes i measured the response.Here are some examples of what i m reffering to.

This are not on door cards? I don t get it.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Yes i measured the response.Here are some examples of what i m reffering to.

This are not on door cards? I don t get it.
Those are on the door cards, but there is no indication that any of those sound very good, and I'd wager that the one with 2 midbasses probably sounds pretty bad.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I saw cars that use speakers that cost maybe more then a usual car and have just a wood ring and like a foil or two of deadening and the installers i think are one of the best from europe with tuning and acoustics.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Those are on the door cards, but there is no indication that any of those sound very good, and I'd wager that the one with 2 midbasses probably sounds pretty bad.
That doors are made from a friend of mine. He install speakers from some time. In his car i think it have z studio line😂 it must be a secret idk .the other ones are from germany and have a line of speakers that are also pretty expensive and already won some sq contests.

·
Registered
643 Posts
sq contests don't play at a high volume. So I can see that happening. But once you start increasing the volume and really move those speakers, the door card would fail and resonate/rattle.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I l make other thing,i l remove the speaker grille from door card and make sandwitch baffles from the frame till i go at door card level. Like a box without the back. Hope i find a garage this weekend

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I found the problem . I oance use my brain and give it some time to found the real problem. The problem it s in the windows mechanism. The metal sheet of door it s dead solid but that mechanism resonate all over the door. You can close the topic sience I m done with this car.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts