DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think would be a good match to the rainbow reference cs 260.30 to make it a 3-way?

it's going into my station wagon, tweets+midrange on the pillars/dash, running active, and will likely be driven by processed by mosconi products

·
2,103 Posts
The Rainbow Ref midrange?!? haha. I've heard of people mixing in the Profi or Vanadium mid from Rainbow as a more budget minded option.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Rainbow Ref midrange?!? haha. I've heard of people mixing in the Profi or Vanadium mid from Rainbow as a more budget minded option.
lol, my friend is a rainbow dealer so i will ask for pricing, but i was thinking of getting creative and become a "diy'er"

there's not much reviews or comments on these speakers and i know without more criteria for what i'm trying to achieve with the mid range it will be hard for others to comment but i was just wondering if anyone has had success adding a midrange to the reference 2 way in the past or have any interesting ideas/comments

·
Banned
342 Posts
Best bet contact 6spdcoupe.
He is distributor for rainbow and will give you options

·
Registered
877 Posts
He's also a Micro Precision dealer ;) They make a very nice mid range driver, at least that's what I've heard...

Whether or not it would be a good tonal match is a different matter altogether. If nothing else the RR mid is voiced to work with the drivers that you already have.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so the reference mid range is outta my price range. that and i was informed only the original registered owner can purchase individual components which is a big let down...curious if the lifetime warranty transfers over now

anyways, any other suggestions? something from morel, HAT, seas lotus??

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Best bet contact 6spdcoupe.
He is distributor for rainbow and will give you options
Best suggestion so far... Only a handful of people have heard the Rainbow Ref comp.
You could also try to contact Rick (Raamaudio), he has been using the Ref for a really long time too.

Kelvin

·
Registered
877 Posts
You might PM Senior800.

I was talking him about his Ref 2 way set (not sure if these are the same) and he suggested that he had a good contact for the ref mid at a reasonable price (considering the list on these things).

so the reference mid range is outta my price range. that and i was informed only the original registered owner can purchase individual components which is a big let down...curious if the lifetime warranty transfers over now

anyways, any other suggestions? something from morel, HAT, seas lotus??

·
Registered
321 Posts
Not compared with the price I sold him the 2 way set for ;)

I did offer you the vanadium mids. Will have a think of some other midranges I recon would go well and then drop you a pm mate.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the suggestions. if possible i'd still like to find a set of the reference midrange (hopefully for as good a deal as senior800 gave me for the 2 way set, lol).

i guess when the 2ways get shipped to me i can fire them up and listen for myself as well :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bringing a old thread back to life.

my build begins in about a month and I still haven't figured out what to do for the midrange. anymore suggestions?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts