DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my infinity 6820cs component set tweeters with blaupunkt vc100s and swapped out the infinity crossover with the blaupunkt one.

So right now im using an infinity 6820cs mid with the blaupunkt crossover and tweeter. It sounds decent, but I want to get rid of the infinity mid.

Is there a 6.5 mid that would work well with the vc100 passive crossover thats not very expensive???

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on..

I was looking around and came across the mach5audio MLI-65s. Would those match well?

The vc100 tweeters have a frequency response of 2.5-23k with a crossover point of either 3 or 6k with a 12dB slope.

My amp is an infinity 5350a.

·
Registered
633 Posts
i'm not sure why people aren't replying...i am not running a 2-way setup so I cannot give much insight here sadly. Im running VC100s as well.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
^^^I see in your sig you're running a Datyton RS1000. What is that, or did you mean RS100, the 3" fullrange driver?

As far the OP's question, there are so many mids that could work with that tweeter, but maybe not that crossover so much. I don't know anything about the Blau crossover, what is the crossover frequency of it?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^I see in your sig you're running a Datyton RS1000. What is that, or did you mean RS100, the 3" fullrange driver?

As far the OP's question, there are so many mids that could work with that tweeter, but maybe not that crossover so much. I don't know anything about the Blau crossover, what is the crossover frequency of it?
I put the crossover points in my second post. Not sure how to edit them into my first post on this forum.

I dont get why people wont reply. I figured you guys would be of help..

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This forum doesn't move quite as fast as CA.com

Check this out: Zaph|Audio
Cool. That site helped out.

Ohh and check ur PM's on CA.com RowJoe.

But yeah, I would like to keep it to $40 dollars or less for each driver. I may be willing to spend a little more if I can find a driver thats worth it.

I basically want more midbass while still keeping the midrange sounding good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts