DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
Mercedes CLK200 Kompressor, C208, 141kW
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I'm in the process of making an SQ system for my Mercedes CLK. I've already decided on what to get as a tweeter (a Seas 27TFFNC-G) but I need to get a 6" midwoofer that will go in the original kick panel with it. The door frame and panel have both been deadened with butyl based deadener and CCF. However it is near impossible to completely seal it in this car as the door card goes "inside" the frame.
The system is a 2 way + sub, front only, fully active + dsp.
I'm trying to make a decent system while spending as little money as possible, and what's a better way to save money than to get used gear, possibly even trading them with something that I already have?
I've done some research on Facebook and Subito (which is the italian equivant of Craigslist) and I've noticed that it basically flooded by FaitalPro speakers, especially the 6fe200 and 6fe300, Ciare CM161, and the occasional Hertz Mille and Audison Voce woofer. Ciare, in general are rather easy to get.
There are also some Focal speakers like the Utopia 6w2 or the Focal 6k2.
I know for a fact that the reason why the FaitalPROs and Ciare are so available is because many kids use them in their SPL builds, however looking at the datasheet it seems like they have a good linearity and they could also be used as SQ midwoofers.
I don't know, however, how much this is true. Has anyone ever done a SQ install using those kind of speakers? What kind of results should I expect if I decide to take that route?

· Registered
3,070 Posts
I found Hertz Mille a bit muddy on midbass and they lack dynamics in lower part of sound spectrum.... the same feeling in a few different systems.
I only worked with FaitalPro small 3" widebanders... for what they are and cost, result was above expectations.

· Registered
Mercedes CLK200 Kompressor, C208, 141kW
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you! I think I've found a good deal on a pair of Ciare HW176 (same as CW176, but 8ohm) and I'll probably get these ones as they're cheap as I found a boxed pair for 60 euro and also they were originally more expensive than the Mille and pretty much every SQ woofer I could find, costing 278 euro for a pair of them.
Probably they won't have much bass because of a very low Qts, but I have a sub.
At this point I think it's the best I could possibly do at that price point.
I agree about the small FaitalPro widebanders, I've tested the 3FE22 in a "home audio" setting and I almost forgot that I was listening to a 3" one-way speaker!

Edit: too soon. The seller for the Ciare ghosted

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.