DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running into problems finding room in my dash to mount a W12 midrange. Width isn't the problem, it is mounting depth I am having trouble with. The NS2 would fit nicely, but won't extend to 200 Hz. The NS3 would extend low enough, but would be a bit larger.

Any other suggestions for GOOD shallower mount midranges? Too bad the W12 doesn't have a neo. magnet.

-edit-

what about the LPG tweeter and an NS2? Would the NS2 handle a 250 Hz highpass at 24 db/octave? Those would be fairly shallow, almost no mounting depth required. The NS3 wasn't much shallower than the W12.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
npdang said:
If you use 2-3 ns2 per side you should be ok.

sort of a sidways MTM? Would I have to do any special filtering? I know MTM crossovers aren't the same as other mid/tweet crossovers. This will be all active, but wasn't sure if I would run into any problems with phase between the 2 drivers.

just re-read the review of the NS2. I would definately have to test those out before I used them in my car. Didn't sound just really good in the review.

Do I just need to ditch the idea of tweeter and mid in the dash? I will have 2K-20K in the dash. That's a full 1/3 of the frequencies. I can put the W12 in the kickpanel and W18 in the doors.

Ditch the in dash mid?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.