DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

281 - 300 of 528 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Great info here. Thanks to the contributors and troubleshooters. I look forward to reading more and picking up a couple of these units for one of my vehicles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just read this whole thread, very informative

I have ordered a 2x4 kit, and the parts required to buiild a 5v isolated power supply and delayed turn on circuit

·
Registered
201 Posts
I gotta get one of these... I want to tri-amp my front stage eventually, and want to get into TA also. I'd also like to use one to tri-amp my ADS L-910 home speakers too!!

·
Banned
2,895 Posts
Yeah sure,

Product Page

Datasheet PDF

For $12 its suppose to delay your amps so no turn off or on pops and a DC Isolation to clean up any noise from a 12v system.

So hopefully for $121 I should have a noise free active frontstage!
I actually found it right after I posted that.
It's under products>accessories>dc isolator.

You think you can run two DSP cards off of one isolator?

I'm about to pull the trigger on at least one of these tonight. Took me a week to read this damn thread. Lol

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Great review, thank you Punk. I don't post here often but I do read your posts and you have the credibility to put my mind at ease about this unit. I think I will be getting two of these instead of the 2x8.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Thats nice info provided!!

So this can be used with OEM systems better which has one set of Outputs from HU.
If possible how can we use 2X8 in HU with 3 preouts?

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Great review, thank you Punk. I don't post here often but I do read your posts and you have the credibility to put my mind at ease about this unit. I think I will be getting two of these instead of the 2x8.
I took the plunge, can wait for it to arrive. :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you like PM me when you get it, we could share installation and configuration experiences. I have already read the manual, just waiting for it to arrive...

I got the 2x8.
Sounds good to me, but why don't we just start a new "Experiences" thread instead. :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
What are people seeing for delivery times on these? I get weird results trying to find the status of my order and am just wondering.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ok, I've been following this thread because I am wanting to add this to my car for processing. I am unsure on whether I should get the balanced or unbanced version. Here is how my setup will be

08 Infiniti G35 Bose/Navi HU

Audio Control Lc2i Loc- spliced into the balanced signals from the HU before the factory amp. This unit has separate preamp controls for front stage and sub ranging from 1.8-9.5vrms

2x Arc Audio FD2200 to biamp my 2way front stage. These amps have a 2.5 volt RMS max input stage each.

Would it be advisable to go with the unbalanced version miniDSP, and use the RCA preouts from the Audiocontrol to the miniDSP? With the input maximums on the Arc amps being 2.5, I wouldnt need a line driver would I?

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
What are people seeing for delivery times on these? I get weird results trying to find the status of my order and am just wondering.
I've heard of people getting them in under two weeks (They ship from Hong Kong). I am just about there and no MiniDSP yet. Do you mind elaborating on "weird results"?

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Ok, I've been following this thread because I am wanting to add this to my car for processing. I am unsure on whether I should get the balanced or unbanced version. Here is how my setup will be

08 Infiniti G35 Bose/Navi HU

Audio Control Lc2i Loc- spliced into the balanced signals from the HU before the factory amp. This unit has separate preamp controls for front stage and sub ranging from 1.8-9.5vrms

2x Arc Audio FD2200 to biamp my 2way front stage. These amps have a 2.5 volt RMS max input stage each.

Would it be advisable to go with the unbalanced version miniDSP, and use the RCA preouts from the Audiocontrol to the miniDSP? With the input maximums on the Arc amps being 2.5, I wouldnt need a line driver would I?
I got an unbalanced version to use with my LC8.

281 - 300 of 528 Posts