DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm strongly considering the minidsp for crossong over my AP XR mids and morel tweeters. Will the minidsp lopass the mids at 8k and highpass my tweeters at 8k? I need it to crossover my mids from 300-8000 at 24db and mt tweeters at 8k and up 24db. Will this do what I need? I dont want to spend the $125 unless it will do everything I need.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
if you are talking about the 2x4 then yes. it has the ability to independantly cross each channel from 20hz-20khz in 1 hz steps, HP, LP or BP as high as 48dB/oct in LR and butterworth alignments. (as well as EQ, level and T/A them)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you are talking about the 2x4 then yes. it has the ability to independantly cross each channel from 20hz-20khz in 1 hz steps, HP, LP or BP as high as 48dB/oct in LR and butterworth alignments. (as well as EQ, level and T/A them)
Sounds badass. Looks like I'll go ahead and bite the bullet and order. Hopefully it doesnt take forever to get it. Thanks man.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
I have heard it only take a week or so. gonna be ordering the 8x8 for me soon :D

·
Registered
271 Posts
I use them personally and minbari is correct. One of the very cool features of these units. Only took about a week for them to ship to Cali from Hong Kong. Also great and prompt customer service.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
This makes me very happy guys! Was racking my brain for a solution that would give me the 24db slope I was looking for as well as the ability to lowpass my mids at 8k. Just ordered my minidsp 2x4! Sure glad they now come in cool black aluminum cases.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
I know. I wish they did this with the 2x8/8x8 size. although once I get my ZED amplifiers, the bare circuit board may look pretty cool mounted next to them, lol.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know. I wish they did this with the 2x8/8x8 size. although once I get my ZED amplifiers, the bare circuit board may look pretty cool mounted next to them, lol.
Is this going to come ready to bandpass my mids and tweets or am I going to have to purchase an extra plugin?

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
funkilious might be able to answer better, but from what I understand. when you get it, you have to install .net framework, adobe AIR, and adobe flash. you then buy a plugin and connect the board via USB to enable the Software.

they come un-configured.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts