DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 928 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Is it one seat tune only with this product? Thinking so.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Is it one seat tune only with this product? Thinking so.

Yes!

With some manipulation a 2 seat tune can be extracted with the use of a single All pass filter afterwards , however nothing replaces low path lengths

The new version of Dirac 2.0 will have a two seat tune from what I hear , this one is one seat timing but sofa is getting more measurement points for a broader listening area
So at least another person has smooth response without the imaging

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
After 2 hours this nerdy guy finally went live

Whallah I pretty sure I sucked at explaining it and can re do but hey I put something for yalls right before putting the kids to bed

https://youtu.be/vPkNq8d-wuk
Awesome thanks

I feel like the the cdsp dl is going to be weird with trying to find a curve that works and making all the speakers crossovers roll off at perfect slopes. I guess I'd just have to have it in my hands to try before i can say i do or don't understand the software. Or can or cant make it work.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I'm close to pulling the trigger on the upgrade for my 8x12.

Something I'm trying to understand is how this works through the crossover regions. If assigning one Dirac channel per speaker set (FL, FR, Sub) as the manuals example shows for active 3way & sub - how does it adjust the timing/phase independently for each driver in those xover regions as any changes would affect both drivers. I would think that assigning a single Dirac channel per driver would provide better results?... I suppose some experimenting would validate.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Something I'm trying to understand is how this works through the crossover regions. If assigning one Dirac channel per speaker set (FL, FR, Sub) as the manuals example shows for active 3way & sub - how does it adjust the timing/phase independently for each driver in those xover regions as any changes would affect both drivers. I would think that assigning a single Dirac channel per driver would provide better results?... I suppose some experimenting would validate.
This is something I can't quite understand, it seems to work well, I just have no real idea how it is doing it. My experimenting using 7 channels is sort of for this reason, to see if it does a better job. Unfortunately I have to have the mid & midbass on the same channel (unless I ditch having rear fill) but since they are close together in physical location I am not so concerned, where as the tweeter is a good 12" or more away from the midbass, I figure giving them their own Dirac channel will possibly improve things.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Ill let you pros do it first tho

Umm doing it with a single ddrc24 with my horns now and it’s badass!

Although......... I can go over it with a ddrc22d.
I don’t think you can link channels twice in cdsp
So we’ll see , I’ll play with it

Worst case I’ll use my cdsp in the end for a 1st dirac run and make crossovers in Dirac than use my ddrc22d and go over everything with it

The should acoustically sum tho if the target is broken, that part works with an acoustical filter I do know so theoretically yes

I’ll let you know soon tho I guess

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I'm close to pulling the trigger on the upgrade for my 8x12.

Excellent question!

So you assigned crossovers in back end ,
Than if you do all the Dirac sweeps in a multi-way you have let’s say 8ch of Dirac

Now after taking measurements all the channels will be linked to a single target

It will go through each sweep with you as you ajust the target and each passband only showing the passband in target screen leaving most of the stop band curtained off. So than you can draw your target on inband And ajust than after all that , you can unlink (if you want) the pairs of speakers from the multi-way and fine tune crossovers and pull the curtains back on each pair

With my preliminary trials doing this I got linearized we’ll performing crossovers to -40dbfs

I did that in a 88BM and it worked excellent this should be same idea

I will definitely get back on this and farther the topic

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Excellent question!

So you assigned crossovers in back end ,
Than if you do all the Dirac sweeps in a multi-way you have let’s say 8ch of Dirac

Now after taking measurements all the channels will be linked to a single target

It will go through each sweep with you as you ajust the target and each passband only showing the passband in target screen leaving most of the stop band curtained off. So than you can draw your target on inband And ajust than after all that , you can unlink (if you want) the pairs of speakers from the multi-way and fine tune crossovers and pull the curtains back on each pair

With my preliminary trials doing this I got linearized we’ll performing crossovers to -40dbfs

I did that in a 88BM and it worked excellent this should be same idea

I will definitely get back on this and farther the topic
So, if I'm understanding you correctly - a different target curve can be assigned to each Dirac Channel to only include the planned passband of the driver it is assigned to?

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So, if I'm understanding you correctly - a different target curve can be assigned to each Dirac Channel to only include the planned passband of the driver it is assigned to?
Yes

That’s exactly right.

So for a multi-way, I like to link all channels to a single target (for ease ) than after target drawn unlink pairs (tweets,mids,subs,etc) than fine tune crossover regions, you will see where it acoustically rolls off and draw a crossover slope or help just shape the crossover at the beginning of its roll off to keep left and right behavior the same and curtain off the rest (which I’ve had good luck with so far)

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
So if u make a vid of the cdsp dl. Perhaps just "stream" the computer screen using a software that allows it. You could even make a twitch.tv account. They're free and im fairly certain they save everything you stream.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
So if u make a vid of the cdsp dl. Perhaps just "stream" the computer screen using a software that allows it. You could even make a twitch.tv account. They're free and im fairly certain they save everything you stream.

I will look into that yes

I’m sure it captures audio ....

Good idea

I’m doing the install tonight when I get home

So maybe tonight maybe tomorrow

·
Registered
733 Posts
I wish the remote was not so primative.

For $800+ they really should have a display so you could see control values.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 928 Posts