DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my MiniDSP to a member on here and I want to help him get the program set up on his laptop, but I can't remember how to do that. :blush:

I looked on MiniDSPs website and also sent them an email, but haven't heard back from them, yet.

Can someone who has done this post some instructions, or help??

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Ask prior owner? ... or someone else with the same model? (What model?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DavidRam

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I sold my MiniDSP to a member on here and I want to help him get the program set up on his laptop, but I can't remember how to do that. :blush:

I looked on MiniDSPs website and also sent them an email, but haven't heard back from them, yet.

Can someone who has done this post some instructions, or help??

Thanks!
What program? Plus you could upload the software to OneDrive i think and send it that way.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
They need to download the software from MiniDSP.... they have to set up an account on MiniDSP though in order to download it. I am not 100% sure though, but the new owner may need help from MiniDSP in order to allow the download.

If you still have the executable file to install the software on your laptop, I would just put that on a cloud drive somewhere and send the new owner a link to download it. Once they have the file, it's no different to any other DSP, install software, connect DSP via USB cord, open software and click connect.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I bought my 8x12 used. I had to set up an account on MiniDSP's website and then had to email them and give them the original order number, which was provided to me from the previous owner, for Mini to give my account access to the plug-in on the downloads page. That original order number also scored me the V2 board :)

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Attachments

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I'll have him set up an account with Mini and see if he is able to download it...

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
Yeah, the best way is transfer of ownership with the help of minidsp. Only other way would to be give the new owner your username and password if you plan on never owning another minidsp product. And you'd REALLY have to trust them if you did that.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
They used to transfer licenses but they recently stopped doing it. The new owner will have to buy a ~$10 plugin license.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, the best way is transfer of ownership with the help of minidsp. Only other way would to be give the new owner your username and password if you plan on never owning another minidsp product. And you'd REALLY have to trust them if you did that.
Good idea... I'll give him the new owner my info, I don't have a problem with that.
I'm a Helix guy now, too. ;)

They used to transfer licenses but they recently stopped doing it. The new owner will have to buy a ~$10 plugin license.
Thanks for the info. That sucks. If it comes down to this, I think it's only fair if I pay for the new license...

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
Good idea... I'll give him the new owner my info, I don't have a problem with that.
I'm a Helix guy now, too. ;)

Thanks for the info. That sucks. If it comes down to this, I think it's only fair if I pay for the new license...
I'm a Helix guy now too:D

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
It’s worth emailing their support to see if they’ll do it, but yeah I had to do that with a 2x4 HD that I sold.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I bought a used mini DSP 6x8 from a member on here in September or November. All I had to do was create an account on miniDSP and email them the serial number of my newly purchased, but used device, and they gave me access to the related downloads.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm a Helix guy now too:D
I read that somewhere... :D

It’s worth emailing their support to see if they’ll do it, but yeah I had to do that with a 2x4 HD that I sold.
Yep, I sent them an email, but haven't heard back yet...

I bought a used mini DSP 6x8 from a member on here in September or November. All I had to do was create an account on miniDSP and email them the serial number of my newly purchased, but used device, and they gave me access to the related downloads.
Hmmmm, I wonder if they have become more stingy since then...

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Yeah I sold some stuff last year and didn’t have issues with them transferring. It was only my last sale sometime around the end of the year where they told me the new owner would have to buy a license. Kinda rubbed me the wrong way but I get it, and it’s not like the licenses are expensive.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I sold some stuff last year and didn’t have issues with them transferring. It was only my last sale sometime around the end of the year where they told me the new owner would have to buy a license. Kinda rubbed me the wrong way but I get it, and it’s not like the licenses are expensive.
I guess $10 isn't bad... but it does kinda seem like a little nickle and diming, though, right?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm the one that bought it. Thanks guys for all of the advice and help.

I have an account that I created last week. I tried downloading the plugins and such and realized that they aren't available to me (yet), so I emailed support and got an autoreply. They said they would replay back within 72 hours. I don't mind paying a few dollars for a license, I don't know if they are going to need a license key or proof of purchase.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm the one that bought it. Thanks guys for all of the advice and help.

I have an account that I created last week. I tried downloading the plugins and such and realized that they aren't available to me (yet). I emails support and got an autoreply. They said they would replay back within 72 hours. I don't mind paying a few dollars for a license, I don't know if they are going to need a license key or proof of purchase.
I also emailed them again and copied you on the email... One of two things we can do: I'm going to try to login to my MiniDSP account and if the download is available I will pm you my UN and PW, or MiniDSP will get us another license and I'll pay for it.
Sorry, I didn't realize this would be such a hassle...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts