Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Product Brand & Model:
To make this easier, I just won this auction and didnt remember bidding. I must not have read the ad.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Condition of all items:

9.5/10 appearance

keeps blowing fuses apparently

Total Price: :

Just 100 shipped so I dont really lose out that much.

USPS priority

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

please look here for pics but if you want more, I do have it.

Built in USA and ridiculously expensive, when it works.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Man thats sweet, wish i had the money to get it. I also tinker with old amps (hate surface mount technology) lol.

234 Posts
Yea thats the hard part. The Surface mount components would be very hard to fix. I tried it on an amp once and ended up not only burning my finger trying to hold the little part in place, but also I burnt the part. LOL
Anybody know a place that fixes these amps?
It could be something simple or could be a major fix.
It would be fun trying to figure out why it keeps blowing fuses.
If you decide to lower the price, I may purchase just to have a new gadget to tinker with
Good Luck.

234 Posts
MMats proaudio said they charge $225 flat rate on all amps. Even this one. They will not only fix it but also update it if they have any updates for it.
I think thats pretty steep.
Then when you include shipping, were talking basically the price of a new amp.
So.. IDK
Thats pretty expensive. Too expensive.
Anybody else work with SMT components?

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Not too expensive if you want a mint condition clean power amp for your system with many brand new parts inside.

Bump for you!

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the interest, Im getting a couple quotes on fixing it. db-r should be $150 or less.

But I really dont need it and since you see what I paid (130), I think the price is fair. If you disagree, give me an offer.

Also if you want me to open it up, please be serious about buying

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Also, the upside down mounting terminal and florida build makes me think these are similar or share a buildhouse with the old school Audio Gods amps before they sold the brand to overseas.

Edit: I just went to see how hard it would be to open up and its not an easy one. Id have to remove the terminals and the knobs so unless you're 100%, Id rather not open it.

But here's a few more pics.

234 Posts
Thanks for the interest, Im getting a couple quotes on fixing it. db-r should be $150 or less.

But I really dont need it and since you see what I paid (130), I think the price is fair. If you disagree, give me an offer.

Also if you want me to open it up, please be serious about buying
Im serious...about the purchase
Id like to see whats inside. It might be cooked or it might be crispy clean.
It might even help to diagnose the problem.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im serious...about the purchase
Id like to see whats inside. It might be cooked or it might be crispy clean.
It might even help to diagnose the problem.
Honestly, I dont want to have to take it all apart. If it was a simple rear lid with screws, no problem, but as you can see, this one isnt gut pics friendly.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I would get it if I had the money, lol. Dont know how much they go for but if its 90x4 then that would be great for me.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
this amp is a simple dismantle. pull off the knobds and plugs. unscre the 4 screws. bam
I tried, requires removal of the teminal strips, knobs and rcas, I dont want to mess it up any more and Im am not comfortable with my ability to do that without causing any cosmetic damage. Sorry. But its better off for the person who repairs this if I dont try.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would get it if I had the money, lol. Dont know how much they go for but if its 90x4 then that would be great for me.
MSRP was $699

DB-r does not repair MMatts. But they sent a referral to a site that does. Waiting on quote.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I decided against repairing it. I really dont need it. Im sticking to 100 shipped because there were a few bids over 100 on ebay so if it doesnt sell here, Ill ebay it.

Feel free to get quotes and use my pics if considering it.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is sold

Thank you

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.