DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a new sub to replace my worn out Kicker Solobaric old school round 15". It's an Elemental Designs 16Kv.2 dual two ohm. Anyway I've noticed that some of the screws for mounting the sub have worn out threads on the MDF (not the screw itself).

So my first question is should I just rotate the the new sub and mount the new screws inbetween the old screws and/or fill in the old holes with some liquid nails or something? I'm trying to make sure there will be no air leaks.

Anyway my second question is my box right now will have about 1.441 cubic inches after displacement for the new sub. ED recommends 1.5-1.8cF for a box (1.6cF being ideal according to their site). I've heard about polyfill to make a small box seem bigger to the sub, so how much polyfill should I use so the sub hits nice and tight and able to keep up with fast double bass but also be able to dip low and loud for bass bombs while still having SQ.

Third question, I've heard that pillow stuffing is pretty much polyfill. Is that true?

Ryan

·
Registered
531 Posts
just rotate the sub.....

but if that doesn't soothe you....grab some weatherstripping or rope caulk and lay it under the flange....then screw it in....

just stuff about a pound and a half of polyfill in there....

i'd try it before and after....see which you like best....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.