DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been eyeballing these hertz dsk170.3 speakers but last night one of my brothers hit me with a text on some morel c6 coaxial’s for $50. Nib.

I figure that’s a deal I couldn’t beat with a stick so I picked them up.

Am I setting myself up for unhappiness if I continue down this avenue and mismatch the morel’s with hertz?

tia

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
No.

Are you using a DSP? I haven't run speakers from the same line in over a decade, but I've been running active so I can control the reletive output between everything, and EQ and crossover everything for a smooth transition.

·
Registered
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
1,899 Posts
You should be fine. I currently have ground zero tweeters/blam mid range/audiofrog midbass and JL subs. Sounds good to me and better then my previous all frog setup.

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
I’ve been eyeballing these hertz dsk170.3 speakers but last night one of my brothers hit me with a text on some morel c6 coaxial’s for $50. Nib.

I figure that’s a deal I couldn’t beat with a stick so I picked them up.

Am I setting myself up for unhappiness if I continue down this avenue and mismatch the morel’s with hertz?

tia
It depends on how you are going to use them... where are you going to locate them and what other speakers do you have and where are they located?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It depends on how you are going to use them... where are you going to locate them and what other speakers do you have and where are they located?
In what different ways can I use them? I just want to hear better music.

22 Civic ex oem so, kick panel mids and pillar tweets.

Until I get a component set in my hands, and an amp for the cabin, I was just going to toss them in the front doors for now and move em later.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No.

Are you using a DSP? I haven't run speakers from the same line in over a decade, but I've been running active so I can control the reletive output between everything, and EQ and crossover everything for a smooth transition.
Not atm. Still deciding on a amp, component set and a pair tweeters. It is on my radar though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Dieci speakers are pure garbage. Couple that with the issue that; in the U.S. you get bent over the table when it comes to European brands (Hertz, Focal) and people mismatch price with capability, and all of a sudden people equate the lowest-end Hertz or Focal speakers, with the likes of Hybrid Legatia's ... just because of the price.

Hands up, I do run Morel's, but when it comes to the Dieci's, I'd take the Morel's every time! $50 ... as long as they 100% working, is a steal you can't pass on IMO.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Dieci speakers are pure garbage. Couple that with the issue that; in the U.S. you get bent over the table when it comes to European brands (Hertz, Focal) and people mismatch price with capability, and all of a sudden people equate the lowest-end Hertz or Focal speakers, with the likes of Hybrid Legatia's ... just because of the price.

Hands up, I do run Morel's, but when it comes to the Dieci's, I'd take the Morel's every time! $50 ... as long as they 100% working, is a steal you can't pass on IMO.
Thanks for the insight!

The best I’ve been able to do is listen to most of the speakers online that I’ve eyeballed via crutchfield.

local stores have been abysmal with their in stock options and even the listening walls.

likely a **** way to compare but it’s what’s available to me atm. The hertz just sounded brighter/clearer to me over some of the morels I looked at.

hertz and morel sound to my ears like they walk all over most others.

kicker, alpine, even the focals I heard seemed very muddy and quiet in comparison.

hopefully these work out for me, if not, I’m sure one of my kids will happily accept them for their cars 😂

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the insight!

The best I’ve been able to do is listen to most of the speakers online that I’ve eyeballed via crutchfield.

local stores have been abysmal with their in stock options and even the listening walls.

likely a **** way to compare but it’s what’s available to me atm. The hertz just sounded brighter/clearer to me over some of the morels I looked at.

hertz and morel sound to my ears like they walk all over most others.

kicker, alpine, even the focals I heard seemed very muddy and quiet in comparison.

hopefully these work out for me, if not, I’m sure one of my kids will happily accept them for their cars 😂
The best speakers I've heard/owned in and around $100 are the DLS Performance speakers ...hands down, nothing, and I mean nothing could touch them for SQ. Performance – DLS

IMO, the rest are much for muchness, JL, Alpine, Rockford, Focal's … it's all low rent stuff. Above £150, it where it starts to happen.

Go with your ears … if they prefer the Hertz, then go for it, and enjoy! I'm not bias towards Morel just 'cause I own them, I love Hertz great, but the Dieci just weren't for me ... but they might be for you. :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts