DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 14" ported Memphis Audio VIV14, a JL 10W7ae with both a sealed box and a custom ported box tuned @32hz, a MA 2200.1 amp and a JL HD 1200/1 amp. I prefer a SQ setup with subs blended well enough that they sound like they're coming from the front (my front stage is 2 way focal K2power components 6.5" mid driven by audison f8.9). I've determined that I greatly prefer the sound of the 10 in the sealed box, and am considering having a custom sealed 1.5 cuft box built for my 14" to make up for some of the headroom I gave up by going sealed. In my home theater I have 3 mismatched brands/sizes subs tuned with minidsp and it sounds really good (granted the advantage here is being able to have the subs distributed around the room). This leads me to consider using both subs, and both amps (I have a second lithium battery that should be able to handle it). I also own a rockford DSR1 that I'm not currently using but would use to tune the 2 subs independently. Does this make sense or would it be worth the trouble of selling everything and starting over?

On a side note, my mids/tweets are in stock locations (21 accord touring) and the mid-bass is just OK would love to improve that so I'm not stressing blowing my mids as I like to crank up the mid-bass a bit more than a proper 'SQ' setup. Considering my options here, prefer to keep factory look maybe something under the seat?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
If both are sealed then yes it will likely be fine, set them both the the same level at the listening position and time them by looking for 6db of summation when both are playing pink noise, phase and polarity settings shouldn’t be different between the two, but timing may be a touch different to a tape measure

other than that it should be fine

1 - 2 of 2 Posts