DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my '91 Mistubishi L200 Twin cab (or Mighty Max/Dodge D50 for you US guys) daily driver/project car.

I've lost count of how many times I've pulled this thing to bits, but hopefully this time, once the stereo is completed, I can call it done!
This is the last setup I had. I had no idea about building boxes back then, so after putting up with it sounding like **** for way to long the decision was made to scrap it all and start over.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i hate that that truck and the twin cab isuzu were never sold here.

need more photos of the BSA please

awesome fabrication work.

·
Registered
9,256 Posts
Your woodworking skills are awesome. If I had those kinds of skills it would open up a whole new world for some creative projects. Being held back by woodworking skills sucks.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Wow! Lotsa inspiration here! I want to do a custom glass console badly, but I'm lazy!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Cool work,...
but I spent more time perving on your BSA there, gives us a nice photo of that will ya? :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
what is the goal for this install
just show? or sound quality?
just wondering
i've always liked these pick ups.....sweet n u can do alot wid them
i would only use 1 tweet and put a midrange speaker in the dash
might give it a better sound??,,,
just my opinion
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK THOUGH

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what is the goal for this install
just show? or sound quality?
just wondering
i've always liked these pick ups.....sweet n u can do alot wid them
i would only use 1 tweet and put a midrange speaker in the dash
might give it a better sound??,,,
just my opinion
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK THOUGH
It's just for show really man. When I brought the truck, it came with all the gear really badly installed so I ripped it all out and started again....and then ripped it all out and started AGAIN! :laugh: I know it won't win any competitions but I'm just working with what I've got.
The ultimate goal for the truck is just get it done and sold. I have a '58 VW ragtop that I need to get on the road before April next year which will be funded by the truck.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
good job on the work. People just dont have a clue how much time is involved in this type of work. I spent an entire week builing a center console box in a friends Dakota RT reg cab. It was nice when we finished but lots of work and sanding LOL. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's just for show really man. When I brought the truck, it came with all the gear really badly installed so I ripped it all out and started again....and then ripped it all out and started AGAIN! :laugh: I know it won't win any competitions but I'm just working with what I've got.
The ultimate goal for the truck is just get it done and sold. I have a '58 VW ragtop that I need to get on the road before April next year which will be funded by the truck.

True......
so in the end you will be selling the truck
too bad though......
but still nice install

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Door cards are pretty much done. Got the pods molded into the cards. Map pockets and one door panel are covered. Ran out of staples doing the map pockets so havn't quite finished the first door panel. The vinyl job isn't mint, there's a few wrinkles here and there but pretty stoaked with the finish considering it's a one piece wrap and the multiple curves.

Itching to get the speakers in and see how they sound!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
man that looks great, where did you get the vinal for the doors? im just guessing its vinal at least
Thanks man. I got the vinyl from TradeMe (NZ's version of Ebay). Was $150NZD for a 10 metre roll...local upholstery shops sell it for $25-30 p/metre!

Not a huge update, but I do have everything hooked up and working! Sounds pretty good for what I am working with. The first time the missus heard them running, she asks 'Where is the centre speaker hidden?'. That must count for something right!? :laugh:
Not alot of pictures to show you guys. I still need to finish the sub boxes and console (cosmeticly), so you'll have to wait a little longer for them!
The few pics I do have....
X-overs for the front stage mounted inside the factory kick panels

And relocating the sub amp gain control (Lanzar could have made it 1/3 of the size it was without any ploblems!).

1 - 20 of 63 Posts