DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
2,335 Posts
Looks good to me, get it ordered!! If you don’t like it for some reason I’ll take it off your hands. :D

· Registered
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
2,335 Posts
Nope and it’s almost double the price.

· Registered
2,397 Posts
Ok lets make this question interesting .. aside from the price , is the Jl 1200/1 that much better than the m1400.1?
No...the HD is over 10 years old at this point.
Not a bad thing per say but we are talking about a Gen one class d.
They had to make 2 different revisions in the first year so that they didn't interfere with your radio reception.
Grab the mmats.

· Registered
680 Posts
No...the HD is over 10 years old at this point.
Not a bad thing per say but we are talking about a Gen one class d.
They had to make 2 different revisions in the first year so that they didn't interfere with your radio reception.
Grab the mmats.
Not to nit pick, but calling the HD1200 a 'gen one class d' when it came out nearly fifteen years after the Mmats I mentioned (and even longer than the super old school Infinity class Ds) is a bit of a disservice. Hell, even the JL Slash series that preceded the HDs were class D for the mono amps. Not that I think they are worth the price premium, but they aren't archaic either.

· Registered
2,397 Posts
Not to nit pick, but calling the HD1200 a 'gen one class d' when it came out nearly fifteen years after the Mmats I mentioned (and even longer than the super old school Infinity class Ds) is a bit of a disservice. Hell, even the JL Slash series that preceded the HDs were class D for the mono amps. Not that I think they are worth the price premium, but they aren't archaic either.

The jl HD is like 50 percent efficient. Test is on bigd YouTube channel.
They are not anywhere near the best class d design.
The regulation comes at a pretty significant cost.
The mmats is waaay more efficiently run than the jl audio.
1 HD 1200 will dim your head lights. The whole point of using class d is the efficiency. No other reason to use it.
Not to mention the jl cost over a dollar a watt once you pay taxes.
The mmats is a newer more efficient class d that cost about 60 cent a watt.
Annandale the 4 channel HDs are even worse. They have distinct sound to them. I've installed maybe a 1000 of them over the past 10 years. I don't like them at all. If they were free I might use them on my midbass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.