1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
This is a great deal on a (potentially) excellent amp.
Buy it 'as is' for $300.00, then for a flat fee of $250.00, MMATS will repair it to as new condition.
$550.00 for a factory rebuilt MMATS 6150, which includes a 1 year warranty... can't go wrong.
If I needed another one, I'd be all over this deal.

·
Registered
290 Posts
This is a great deal on a (potentially) excellent amp.
Buy it 'as is' for $300.00, then for a flat fee of $250.00, MMATS will repair it to as new condition.
$550.00 for a factory rebuilt MMATS 6150, which includes a 1 year warranty... can't go wrong.
If I needed another one, I'd be all over this deal.
Forealz. I'm honestly surprised bnae doesn't just repair it and sell it for more!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forealz. I'm honestly surprised bnae doesn't just repair it and sell it for more!

Ohh i tried lol. I did fix all the blown up issues... :D

I have a solid 50 hours on that amp, maybe more.. Just kinda fishing in the dark without schematics.. The turn off noises were a real dog to track down and in the end I couldn't figure them out.

Was fun to play with, but enough is enough.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fyi, here is the description I have posted in the eBay ad.

-----

I purchased this on ebay about a year and a half ago, and I've spent more time on it than I care to reflect on...

When purchased, ch5 and 6 were blown. Mute circuitry was blown and ch5 output mosfets and irs driver were bad. I've also repaired two burnt open traces connecting clamp diodes.

I also upgraded audio signal path capacitors with Elna Silmics and inverting channel opamps were upgraded from Tl072 parts to opa1642.

During my final checks (a year or so ago), I realized there were still some issues in the turn off timing/muting circuitry. I spent many many hours trying to track the problems down, but wasn't able to get there without schematics.... I considered sending in to mmats for repair (from the research I did, that costs $250 flat), but would rather move on and get most of my costs out of it.

Listed here for what I paid for it, it's in a lot better shape than when I got it! :)

This is 100% AS-IS, no returns. I've done my best to capture pics of physical imperfections. While this amp works and passes audio perfectly (I even completed full load tests), it would be silly to try to use in a system. One bad turn off pop and your drivers will be blown, especially tweeters. It needs to go in for service.

Please message me with any questions.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is sold

1 - 7 of 7 Posts