DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just starting out and looking for front speakers, like everyone else so many choices and confusion. Should I go coax or component,
Car is 08 fusion
Kenwood 5120 (power for rear fill)
JL 300/4 amp power for front and bridged for sub

here is a short list of what I have been looking at the
Boston sl80 plate
MMATS cx65 coax
Pioneer 720PRS components
Polk MOMO 6500 components

Im leaning to the Pioneer but came across what looks interesting in a coax but cant seem to find any info on SQ for them MMATS cx65

Anyone ever hear or know much about MMATS speakers

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
The pioneer is probably tour best choice going off of the reveiws for them they are all pretty good. I have installed the Polk components in several of my buddies cars and they sound pretty good out of the box.

I would stick with components as the crossovers are usually better, unless the co-axial has outboard crossovers, but the flexibility of tweeter placement with components wins hands down everytime

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

the MMATS coax do have outboard crxr's

have never really heard much about these speakers

the main reasons for thinking coax was jsut to get tweet and woof closer together I worried about woofers in doors and tweets in pillar by mirrors being to far apart. Also the price MMats half the price but not a deal if they suck

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would stick the tweets down in the kicks, it will put them closer to the woofer than in the a pillar and more importantly it will equalize the space from the driver seat to each tweeter, if you put your tweets up on the door or a pillar the drivers side will be considerably closer to you than the passenger side
thnx for the replies.

I had my last car that way with Infinity Kappa components. tweets down on the kick panel sounded good, but with our winters up here in Canada they kept getting dinged and snow on them, after about a year the mesh was rusted. With the pioneers not having a grill - just 2 bars going over the domes wondered how that would hold up to the elements

LOL its always something

1 - 6 of 6 Posts