DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

mObridge Pre-Amp

12K views 41 replies 21 participants last post by  Hugg727 
#1 ·
Anyone have any experience with this company and their products?

I've been really interested in their M1000-M-DA1 Digital Pre-Amp & M1000-M-DA2 Digital & Analog Pre-Amp.

Currently working on a 2011 CL63 AMG2 and if either of these integrate (can't tell for sure based off the website) I'd love to use them. Problem is, I can't get through to anyone at the company. I've left multiple voice mails over the past few days and even sent in a few emails and no response on either. Seems pretty crazy that their would be NO ONE available to talk to at a company like this over a few day time frame.

Anyone have any useful info or good contact info on them or a distributor that I might be able to ask questions and get product from?

#11 · (Edited)
or contact cartronics in the UK... :D

We often install the bluetooth oem units from mobridge, and they have some nice quality products..

#26 ·
Hi guys, looking for some help. I bought a DA2 awhile ago and finally got around to installing it yesterday. I have a 2006 Mercedes CLS55 with Comand. I installed in the trunk after the Navigation disk reader. The audio system seems to work but I'm not getting signal out of the analog preouts. Does this mean I have to take this to the dealer to have it programmed for something or is there a particular location in the MOST optical line I need to have this installed between?

#27 ·
I am working on picking up some gear for my 2013 touareg executive (upgraded dynaudio system).

I need to keep the factory head unit. It was suggested to me to get a mobridge converter. Could some one explain to me what exactly this item does? Which one will I need? I looked at their website but I am not tech savy at all.

Thanks for any and all help.

#28 ·
The mObridge unit replaces the factory amplifier with analog (DA2) or optical digital (DA1) signal to use with an external DSP or amp.

This way you can keep the factory playback functionality and controll the volume/balance etc from your car.
You will not need to install an aftermarket cd/mp3-player

#30 ·
I have been looking at MoBridge for an upcoming build I am working on for a Porsche Macan. I have been in contact with Julian from MoBridge and if I understand the MOST system correctly it is a digital interface that sends a digital signal to the factory amp so the MoBridge converts the MOST digital signal to either a Toslink compatible digital signal or an analog signal for inputs to amplifiers or DSP's. The PA3 takes the MOST signal and functions like a DSP with 8 analog outputs with active filters, eq and time delay. It, in theory, can replace a Mosconi 6 to 8 and take a second DSP out of signal process. Don't know if anyone has used one yet to know how well it works.

#31 ·
You are correct on all points.

The DA3 is basically a mObridge preamp (DA1), with a built in 8 channel output DSP.

I have played with the DA3 software, and it's pretty good. I'm currently running a DA1 in conjunction with a 6to8 DSP. But if I was doing a new build, I would just buy the mObridge DA3, as it's only a few hundred bucks more than a DA1.

#36 ·
Yeah I think diceon makes a piece for that as well , but , I know the most recent mobridges have been a bit diffrent, more dip switch settings , and some cars don't require you have your car programmed like they used to, you could easily call Porsche and find out if yours is most. I would bet it is. I have seen only one new bmw in last year out of the 40 or so I have worked on that wasn't most. I pretty sure all the Porsche stuff is most. But it wouldn't suprise my if there's a run of them without it,

#38 ·
I went to the Porsche dealer today and found out that the Bose system and the Burmester systems definitely use the MOST system. Not sure if the base stereo does or not. I will keep digging. Thanks for the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.